Melb: Cyclist Facility Survey

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
fyi - Cyclist Facility Survey ;)
https://www.surveys.kpmg.com/mmi/2wZVZO6/Link.html

Do you cycle into the CBD? Does Melbourne need improved cycle storage and change facilities? By completing a short online anonymous survey on cyclist facilities in the CBD, you can help to build up information that could be used to assist new innovative bike projects in the CBD taking off.

The Future Focus Group (forming part of the Committee for Melbourne), in conjunction with the City of Melbourne, is undertaking a survey to better understand the current level of services available to commuting cyclists to the Melbourne CBD.

Reexamining the need for high quality cyclist facilities in the Melbourne CBD, the survey is intended to provide useful information on cyclist requirements. The data will help the Future Focus Group Team to complete a feasibility study and provide design advice to the City of Melbourne for a potential prototype cyclist facility.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Your assistance in completing the survey is much appreciated. The survey takes about 2 minutes. To complete this survey, simply mark your answers to each question on the page, then click NEXT to go to the next page.

flyingdutch wrote:
> don't werk in Safari browser :(

Worked fine with firefox, stop sooking :)

flyingdutch wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> > flyingdutch wrote:
> > > don't werk in Safari browser :(

> > Worked fine with firefox, stop sooking :)

> meh, not sookin. helped write the survey...

Then you can fix it :)

Imagine if you park your bike at your desk and wouldn't ever park it
elsewhere, then try and fill out the survey, esp the question re
walking how many city blocks.

Bleve wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
>> Bleve Wrote:
>>> Worked fine with firefox, stop sooking :)

>> meh, not sookin. helped write the survey...

> Then you can fix it :)
>
> Imagine if you park your bike at your desk and wouldn't ever park it
> elsewhere, then try and fill out the survey, esp the question re
> walking how many city blocks.

Yeah Dutch what were you thinking fessing up to help write it. Now
you'll cop all the complaints.

My gripe was the how long would you wait for a shower 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5
mins+. I'd wait 5 mins and prob up to 10mins but more than that would be
excessive. Can't imagine too many people would be prepared to wait 2
mins for a shower but not 3.

DaveB

DaveB said:
snip....
My gripe was the how long would you wait for a shower 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5
mins+. I'd wait 5 mins and prob up to 10mins but more than that would be
excessive. Can't imagine too many people would be prepared to wait 2
mins for a shower but not 3.

DaveB
and no opportunity to conserve water by suggesting sharing with a selected friendly bikette or biker as may suit your proclivities... no fun whatsoever in that survey...!!

cfsmtb said:
fyi - Cyclist Facility Survey ;)
https://www.surveys.kpmg.com/mmi/2wZVZO6/Link.html

Do you cycle into the CBD? Does Melbourne need improved cycle storage and change facilities? By completing a short online anonymous survey on cyclist facilities in the CBD, you can help to build up information that could be used to assist new innovative bike projects in the CBD taking off.
[snip]

Done and done.

I work in 120 Collins, which is currently undertaking a bicycle facility renovation - introducing a cage for about 115 bikes, replacing the ad hoc bike racks in the carpark. I don't know if the capacity will be reduced 'cos I've never counted the bikes in there, but the cage will have swipe card access so punters off the street won't be able to put their bikes in there anymore.

I particularly dislike the 'For your own safety, please dismount and walk your bike in the car park' sign. The dangerous people in the carpark are the valets parking cars for the hotel next door - If they dismount and walk their cars through the carpark, then I'll walk the bike.

Ritch

Ritch

Bleve said:
Then you can fix it :)

not quite. got chance to put in suggestions. seem to have got rather 'lost in translation' :rolleyes:
then again, waddya expect with 'consultants' involved???

flyingdutch said:
not quite. got chance to put in suggestions. seem to have got rather 'lost in translation' :rolleyes:
then again, waddya expect with 'consultants' involved???

Stole your watch and told you the time, did they?

Can you tell us where and how the results of this survey are going to be published?

treadly&me said:
Can you tell us where and how the results of this survey are going to be published?

May I just raise this question again? (No? Oh well, I just did...)