{Melb} Fundraising night for Tess Downing & Peta Mullens for 2006 Junior World Champs

SuzieB

New Member
Oct 15, 2005
I noticed this poster and thought it sounded like a fun night and an opportunity to raise some funds for Tess Downing & Peta Mullens to get to the 2006 Junior World Champs.

Friday 16th June at Disc, 281 Darebin Rd, Thornbury @ 7.30PM
Celebrity track racing hosted by Crackers Keenan
$25 per head for finger food, drinks at bar prices
Tickets ph: 9876 4183 / 0402 103 747
Email: downingATaaptDOTnetDOTau

http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/News/Articles/TessandPetaFundraiser06.jpg

**********
Hey all,
As most of you would know, Tess and I are heading to the World Track Cycling Championships in Belgium later this year. As you can imagine, this will not be cheap.

So, to help raise funds to allow us to compete, we are holding a fundraising night at the Darebin International Sports Centre on Friday 16th June.

The night will feature some of the who's who in cycling and will also have a celebrity race.

Please see our flyer for more information.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could attend on the night as your contribution would greatly assist in our attempt to win gold for Australia!

I can guarantee it will be an awesome night!

Regards,

Peta Mullens
***********

SuzieB wrote:

> I noticed this poster and thought it sounded like a fun night and an
> opportunity to raise some funds for Tess Downing & Peta Mullens to get
> to the 2006 Junior World Champs.
>
> Friday 16th June at Disc, 281 Darebin Rd, Thornbury @ 7.30PM
> Celebrity track racing hosted by Crackers Keenan
> $25 per head for finger food, drinks at bar prices
> Tickets ph: 9876 4183 / 0402 103 747
> Email: downingATaaptDOTnetDOTau
>
> http://tinyurl.com/kpo3z
>
> **********
> Hey all,
> As most of you would know, Tess and I are heading to the World Track
> Cycling Championships in Belgium later this year. As you can imagine,
> this will not be cheap.

<snip>

Hey, speaking of such things, if I qualify for the World 100km Running
Champs, will people acctually support me raising money? I keep getting
hassled to go to the qualifiers but AURA only offers part funding and I
couldn't afford the rest.

Tam

SuzieB said:
Friday 16th June at Disc, 281 Darebin Rd, Thornbury @ 7.30PM
Celebrity track racing hosted by Crackers Keenan
$25 per head for finger food, drinks at bar prices
Tickets ph: 9876 4183 / 0402 103 747
Email: downingATaaptDOTnetDOTau

Could be a likely candidate for a PubBUG event. I'll make an enquiry to the Joint Standing Committee For Future PubBUG Events.

cfsmtb wrote:
> SuzieB Wrote:
>

>>Friday 16th June at Disc, 281 Darebin Rd, Thornbury @ 7.30PM
>>Celebrity track racing hosted by Crackers Keenan
>>$25 per head for finger food, drinks at bar prices
>>Tickets ph: 9876 4183 / 0402 103 747
>>Email: downingATaaptDOTnetDOTau
>>

> Could be a likely candidate for a 'PubBUG'
> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pub_bug/) event. I'll make an enquiry
> to the Joint Standing Committee For Future PubBUG Events.

Seconded.

Do we have a quorum to vote?

--
Pete.B

Skewer said:
Seconded.

Do we have a quorum to vote?

Yeah I've got another proxy vote here. Put it on the yahoo calendar to remind everyone on the yahoogroup?

cfsmtb wrote:
> Skewer Wrote:
>
>>Seconded.
>>
>>Do we have a quorum to vote?

> Yeah I've got another proxy vote here. Put it on the yahoo calendar to
> remind everyone on the yahoogroup?

Already done ;-)
Reminders set for 1 week & 1 day beforehand

--
Pete.B

Skewer said:
cfsmtb wrote:
> Skewer Wrote:
>
>>Seconded.
>>
>>Do we have a quorum to vote?

> Yeah I've got another proxy vote here. Put it on the yahoo calendar to
> remind everyone on the yahoogroup?

Already done ;-)
Reminders set for 1 week & 1 day beforehand

--
Pete.B
I think the standing committee is lying down at the moment...oh hang on there's a pinkie in the air...and another...and another...oh!, no they were ordering more beer...wot?...double orders aoh and a YES to the motion...hic yep what a very democratic and sensible way to vote!