{Melb} Melburn-Roobaix - Hell of the Northcote

> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> Who's in? :p
>> http://fixed.org.au/2006/06/20/melburn-roobaix-updated-info/
>> http://tinyurl.com/hx7dk

> Gee.. fixies aren't very popular in Oz these days! :)
>
> hippy
> "Pompino.. pompino.. pompino.."
>

> --
> hippy

Sure they are. I'm in the process of building a better one. I've ordered
most of the bits, so today I made a start of painting the frame.
http://flickr.com/photos/34933544@N00/sets/988270/

And you thought you have a green machine when you were a kid... Not that I'm
like, you know, hijacking the thread or anything.

Resound said:
And you thought you have a green machine when you were a kid... Not that I'm
like, you know, hijacking the thread or anything.

We thought you were being terribly discreet about it. :p

cfsmtb said:
We thought you were being terribly discreet about it. :p

Discretion is my middle name. I should have a t-shirt made with that printed on it. In red. And glitter.

More to the point, the bike won't be finished by the 22nd. I calculated how much I still had to spend on it along with how much I've already spent and it's a bit scary. All those $10 and $20 and $50 purchases add up awfully fast.

flyingdutch said:
That's quite... er, Green, isn't it!?!?! :D

you do the drop out conversion yourself or find a welder?

It is extraordinarily green. Chartreuse, actually...it's either a greenish yellow or a yellowish green. Either way, it's fsckin' bright. It's actually the colour they were painting the Ford BA Falcons a while back. I got the dropouts done at Abbotsford Cycles as I have no illusions about my welding ability.