{Melb} Melburn-Roobaix - Hell of the Northcote

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
  2. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
  3. Resound

    Resound Guest

    > cfsmtb Wrote:
    >> Who's in? :p
    >> http://fixed.org.au/2006/06/20/melburn-roobaix-updated-info/
    >> http://tinyurl.com/hx7dk

    > Gee.. fixies aren't very popular in Oz these days! :)
    >
    > hippy
    > "Pompino.. pompino.. pompino.."
    >

    > --
    > hippy

    Sure they are. I'm in the process of building a better one. I've ordered
    most of the bits, so today I made a start of painting the frame.
    http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/988270/

    And you thought you have a green machine when you were a kid... Not that I'm
    like, you know, hijacking the thread or anything.

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    We thought you were being terribly discreet about it. :p

  5. Resound

    Resound New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2004
    Discretion is my middle name. I should have a t-shirt made with that printed on it. In red. And glitter.

    More to the point, the bike won't be finished by the 22nd. I calculated how much I still had to spend on it along with how much I've already spent and it's a bit scary. All those $10 and $20 and $50 purchases add up awfully fast.

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
  7. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    I was joking about the fixies..

    Cool colour! You'll definately be spotted in a crowd riding that beastie!

    hippy

  8. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Wow. That looks really nice. It looks like you've done a lot of work on it. Dunno about the colour (but then I like plain white, so what would I know)!

    Cheers,

    Suzy (soon to be back on a fixed wheel hrself)

  9. Resound

    Resound New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2004
    It is extraordinarily green. Chartreuse, actually...it's either a greenish yellow or a yellowish green. Either way, it's fsckin' bright. It's actually the colour they were painting the Ford BA Falcons a while back. I got the dropouts done at Abbotsford Cycles as I have no illusions about my welding ability.

  10. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003