[Melb] Rider down in Abbotsford (Nicholson St)

Gags

Guest
Was on the way home tonight and at just before 6pm I saw an ambulance on
Nicholson St and I assume that something had happened to a cyclist as one of
the ambos was taking the front wheel off a bike so that it would fit in the
meat wagon. The bike was a blue Cannondale hybrid with racks fitted and I
am sure that I have seen it before as it has cow horn handlebars on with
really big padding under a normal wrap of bar tape (this is the bit that
stands out in my memory).

The bike didn't look to be damaged so I am not sure what might of happened
as it was on a straight section of the road and nowhere near any
sidestreet.....maybe the poor guy/girl got doored??

Any of the Melbournites in here know what happened??

Gags

On Apr 3, 8:52 pm, "Gags" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Was on the way home tonight and at just before 6pm I saw an ambulance on

> The bike didn't look to be damaged so I am not sure what might of happened
> as it was on a straight section of the road and nowhere near any
> sidestreet.....maybe the poor guy/girl got doored??

Haven't heard or read anything on the grapevine yet, although after
yesterday I wouldn't be too surprised if a stick or random **** could
of flipped into spokes. I saw a large part of a old peppercorn and
several oompa loompas go horizontal past the windows while at work at
about 2.30pm yesterday. ;)