[melb] tips for week in week out dirt crits?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by dej, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. dej

    dej Guest

    gday,
    going to give the westgate dirt crit a go tonight after getting an mtb
    last week..
    ive only ever done road crits before and ive not even seen the westgate
    park track..
    so, anyone got tips on getting round the course?

    thanks:)

    Tags:

  2. Bikesoiler

    Bikesoiler New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    From memory it's a tight course that favours MTB skills. Get there early & ride a lap before race start.

  3. Rhino-x

    Rhino-x New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
    Go hard from the start, being such a tight course its in your favour to "be passed", rather than 'to pass'. When you hit the open sections, give it hell, and try to hold your position.....

    enjoy..

  4. snozza

    snozza New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    You miss it, don't you big fella?!?

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Heeelllloooo strangarrrrrr.

    how is Brizvegas treating you?
    started a SS scene up there yet???

    was at a toy convention recently OS and saw a dedicated stand for CAT model trucks/earthmovers etc and thought of you. stand was surrounded by middle aged men wanting toy versions of BIG toys :D

  6. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > was at a toy convention recently OS and saw a dedicated stand for CAT
    > model trucks/earthmovers etc and thought of you. stand was surrounded
    > by middle aged men wanting toy versions of BIG toys :D

    Had to buy a birthday present for 3 yo nephew and daughter asked how I
    knew what to get. I said it was easy because little boys and big boys
    all like the same things. When I got to the toy truck stand and found
    the truck that had me going PHWOOOOOOAAARRRRRRR I knew I had the right one.

    DaveB