Melbourne MTB'ing

snozza

Guest
(I posted this here, but it's gone missing...)

If anyone here (or knows someone who) is looking to ride solo in the
FGP 12hr MTB enduro, there are only 9 solo spots remaining! Entries
for the FGP 12hr were over 130 (out of a possible 500) when i checked
last night, so i wouldn't leave it too much longer b4 entering. I know
some of you had a great time at the kona24hr...wouldn't want you to
miss out ;)

Entries for the Kona24hr are also filling up with just under 100 riders
entered thus far. There is a 900 rider limit on this event this year.

The dirt crits will start Series 2 this week. Last week saw the final
race of Series1; with the winner taking home a set of Mavic Cross-Roc's
and other series placegetters riding off with various SRAM, Conti and
FGP goodness in their sky-rockets. Anyone can win (all grades win the
same points & handicap nights rate with triple points) so come on down.

Take care out there...

Snozza www.fullgaspromotions.com.au

--

snozza wrote:
> who knows?! I'd like to think so!
> 900 riders gives us about a (very rough guesstimate here, based on 900
> riders equals about 225 teams) 1 rider every 90metres on the course. the
> result for the FGP12hr at 500riders gives us about 1 rider every 96m.
> Not too squishy!

Hope so!

This'll be our first race ever and I think I'm more pannicked at the
idea of falling/crashing/stumbling in front of a heap of other riders
and causing unmentionable frustration than I am at hitting the wall and
coming stone cold motherless last...

But from what I've heard, 24hr events tend to be a lot less 'angst-
ridden' than most other races, so I'm looking forward to that!

--

snozza wrote:
> (I posted this here, but it's gone missing...)
> If anyone here (or knows someone who) is looking to ride solo in the
> FGP 12hr MTB enduro, there are only 9 solo spots remaining! Entries
> for the FGP 12hr were over 130 (out of a possible 500) when i checked
> last night, so i wouldn't leave it too much longer b4 entering. I know
> some of you had a great time at the kona24hr...wouldn't want you to
> miss out ;)
> Entries for the Kona24hr are also filling up with just under 100 riders
> entered thus far. There is a 900 rider limit on this event this year.
> The dirt crits will start Series 2 this week. Last week saw the final
> race of Series1; with the winner taking home a set of Mavic Cross-Roc's
> and other series placegetters riding off with various SRAM, Conti and
> FGP goodness in their sky-rockets. Anyone can win (all grades win the
> same points & handicap nights rate with triple points) so come on down.
> Take care out there...
> Snozza www.fullgaspromotions.com.au

Fantastic stuff...

Our team of three has all registered and signed up and looking forward
in fear and anticipation.... Do you think the full 900 spots will be
filled? (Half hoping for a thinner field and easier passing, but
accepting it'll be a jostly first lap!)

--

eddiec wrote:
> Fantastic stuff...
> >Our team of three has all registered and signed up and looking >forward
> >in fear and anticipation.... Do you think the full 900 >spots will be
> >filled? (Half hoping for a thinner field and easier >passing, but
> >accepting it'll be a jostly first lap!)

who knows?! I'd like to think so!

900 riders gives us about a (very rough guesstimate here, based on 900
riders equals about 225 teams) 1 rider every 90metres on the course. the
result for the FGP12hr at 500riders gives us about 1 rider every 96m.
Not too squishy!

--

>Originally posted by eddiec This'll be our first race ever and I think
>I'm more pannicked at the idea of falling/crashing/stumbling in front
>of a heap of >other riders and causing unmentionable frustration than I
>am at hitting the wall and coming stone cold motherless last...

You'll be right! I eat dirt about 200% more often than even the
crappiest riders and I never got any grief from other people during the
Kona24 or the slightly more serious HDATO 8hr.

People will pass if it's clear and if it's not, they will generally let
you know they are there with a call of "track!", whereupon you move over
and let them through if it's safe to do so. I hear riders coming and
tend try and move over fairly early, sometimes stopping to let them
through a tight section. I'm never going to win an mtb race so I'd
rather make some friends on the track :)

hippy