Melbourne - stolen Colnago Master

Adrian Tritschl

Guest
A friend of mine just sent me the following email, he'd probably appreciate it back if anyone sees a
spare orange/white/blue Colnago lying around. No, I don't know what the serial number is.

<quote> I had my house broken into today, and my new bike was stolen. It had it official unveiling
on Saturday and has been riden twice!!!!!

As it is a Colnago with a non-standard paint job, it should be quite unique around town.

Can you keep a watchful eye open on the roads, in bike shops, pawn shops or trading post it.

Details of the bike are: Frame: Colnago OvalMaster Titanium 54cm, Team Rabobank Colours (Orange,
White, Blue) Fork: Colnago “Force” Carbon Fibre Group Set: Dura Ace, 9speed/Dbl ChainRing Wheelset:
Mavic Open Pro Rim/Dura Ace Hubs Handle Bars: Eason EC90 Carbon Fibre Bar Tape: Orange Colnago Stem:
Colnago 120mm Seat: Sella SLR (black) with Colnago seatbag Pedals: Look Black (old) Lights:
Vistalight 5 front with NiMH Battery , Cateye 5 led rear

I am offering a reward for the bike of information leading to the person who needs to be dealt with.

Thanks Dennis </quote>

Adrian

Adrian Tritschler mailto:[email protected] Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E,
Altitude 50m, Shoe size 44

"Adrian Tritschler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A friend of mine just sent me the following email, he'd probably appreciate it back if anyone sees
> a spare orange/white/blue Colnago lying around. No, I don't know what the serial number is.
>
> <quote> I had my house broken into today, and my new bike was stolen. It had it official unveiling
> on Saturday and has been riden twice!!!!!
>
> As it is a Colnago with a non-standard paint job, it should be quite unique around town.
>
> Can you keep a watchful eye open on the roads, in bike shops, pawn shops or trading post it.

Great idea, but what part of the world should we be looking?

Cheers Peter

Peter, I would say that the Subject with 'Melbourne - stolen Colnago Master' and the
'.its.monash.edu.au' would tend to push the glance towards Melbourne :) Problem is, the bike's
likely already been stripped & a new spray job to lose the identity. Shitty end of the stick to
grab :(>) Jock

"Peter Signorini" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Adrian Tritschler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > A friend of mine just sent me the following email, he'd probably appreciate it back if anyone
> > sees a spare orange/white/blue Colnago lying around. No, I don't know what the serial number is.
> >
> > <quote> I had my house broken into today, and my new bike was stolen. It had it official
> > unveiling on Saturday and has been riden twice!!!!!
> >
> > As it is a Colnago with a non-standard paint job, it should be quite unique around town.
> >
> > Can you keep a watchful eye open on the roads, in bike shops, pawn shops or trading post it.
>
> Great idea, but what part of the world should we be looking?
>
> Cheers Peter

"Jock" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Peter, I would say that the Subject with 'Melbourne - stolen Colnago Master' and the
> '.its.monash.edu.au' would tend to push the glance towards Melbourne
:)
> Problem is, the bike's likely already been stripped & a new spray job to lose the identity. Shitty
> end of the stick to grab :(>) Jock

How much effort do bike-nickers go to with serial numbers ? If they generally don't bother altering
them (like most bike owners), then a simple stolen-bike web database could be quite effective at
identifying what is stolen goods.

I know that there are a dozen or more stolen-bike web-sites in Australia, but they seem to operate
the wrong way round - people only ever go there when their bike is nicked to register the fact.
Victims rarely post the frame number and there are no look-up facilities, so anyone wanting to
cross-check a suspect bike has to page through a lot of bike descriptions. If someone was being
offered a Trek 1500 or whatever at a bargain price, then it would be useful if they could look up
the bike by model or by frame number. Ride organisers could check frame numbers too - although this
would require some effort, a ride like Sydney-Wollongong would probably turn up a few.

Of course if the frame numbers are being reworked by cycling's criminal masterminds then this idea
will be pretty dumb.

Andy (Who has three bikes and one frame number, and that belongs to a bike that was scrapped three
years ago)

Peter Signorini wrote:

> "Adrian Tritschler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>A friend of mine just sent me the following email, he'd probably appreciate it back if anyone sees
>>a spare orange/white/blue Colnago lying around. No, I don't know what the serial number is.
>>
>><quote> I had my house broken into today, and my new bike was stolen. It had it official unveiling
>>on Saturday and has been riden twice!!!!!
>>
>>As it is a Colnago with a non-standard paint job, it should be quite unique around town.
>>
>>Can you keep a watchful eye open on the roads, in bike shops, pawn shops or trading post it.
>

> Great idea, but what part of the world should we be looking?

The best part to start looking would be the part of the world where the bike is :)

Sorry for not duplicating the subject line "Melbourne - Stolen Colnago Master" in the body of
the message.

I'd guess start looking in Melbourne, however, it could easily be in a car and up to
Townsville by now.