Melbourne storms

Tim Jones

Guest
Well, decided to wait a bit before heading home from Hawthorn last night due
to an amazing storm here about 5:30 last night.

There was torrential rain, and I headed off when there was just heavy rain. The Storm water drain
under the Bridge road bridge was spewing a water like a hurricane into the Yarra, and when I got
just past Glenferrie road (I could not use the underpass, it was flooded) I ended up riding
through a new river that had sprung up along the bike path - I ras riding in water up to the top
of my wheels.

The Tooronga vellodrome was fully flooded, and the thing that made me really happy I waited to ride
was that the hockey pitch next door was covered in about an inch of hail stones.

It all made me wish I had one of those camera phones!

It was quite dry this morning, but got back into Hawthorn covered in mud that had flicked up from
the crud covered tracks.

Man, was it a fun ride home though! Back in Ashburton, my wife did not believe me that the weather
was news worthy when I said I wanted to see it when I got home.

All the best,

Tim

(I'll be cleaning and servicing my bike on the weekend now!)

Originally posted by Hippy

DSC_8370, DSC_8395 and DSC_8416 in particular.

hippy

Yes, but DSC_8398 is a good indication what was was going on!

Must take floaties to mass tonight, weather permitting....:p

"cfsmtb" <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yes, but DSC_8398 is a good indication what was was going on!

Mmm... soggy footsies!

> Must take floaties to mass tonight, weather permitting....:p

I hope it doesn't dump like that again, at least until after the 9-5'er on Sat. That could get
well messy!

hippy

•In article <[email protected]>, Tim Jones wrote:

> Well, decided to wait a bit before heading home from Hawthorn last night due to an amazing storm
> here about 5:30 last night.
>
> There was torrential rain, and I headed off when there was just heavy rain. The Storm water drain
> under the Bridge road bridge was spewing a water like a hurricane into the Yarra, and when I got
> just past Glenferrie road (I could not use the underpass, it was flooded) I ended up riding
> through a new river that had sprung up along the bike path - I ras riding in water up to the top
> of my wheels.

Your I braver man than me, I got about two blocks from home, with water
3/4 the way up the wheels before I decided 'fsck this' turned around and PT'd it into work.

Which was also a bad move, what was normally a 20 min tram ride took 1 hour, 15 minutes! and I was
an hour and a half late for work :p

--
| Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news Musician | / \
| Music Teacher |

Hopefully they'll win the premiership this year

(www.melbournestorm.com.au)