Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Melbourne Summer Cycle - MS fundraiser

Started by tim · · Last activity · 4 posts · 960 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
14 February 2008
Last activity
15 February 2008
Original author
tim
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
960
Views / 30 days
9
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anybody doing the MSC next weekend (24 February '08)?

    40km from Alexandra Gardens (Southbank-ish) to Carlton, via the
    Westgate Bridge and Williamstown.

    For those taking part - I offer my services as a domestique, beast of
    burden and sucker.

    I'll be doing the ride on my cargo bike (http://
    www.cargocycles.com.au).
    If you sponsor me, I'll carry your stuff for you (http://
    register.melbournesummercycle.org.au/?timpaton).

    Can you carry an esky on your bike?
    If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
    until you need them?

    tim
    who will be carrying an esky...

  2. tim said:

    Can you carry an esky on your bike?

    No. Well, not a full sized one, but a little 6-can faomie is possible.

    Quoted message said:

    If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
    until you need them?

    Ortliebs, filled with ice, of course!

    --
    Cheers
    Peter

    ~~~ ~ _@
    ~~ ~ _- \,
    ~~ (*)/ (*)

  3. tim said:

    Anybody doing the MSC next weekend (24 February '08)?

    40km from Alexandra Gardens (Southbank-ish) to Carlton, via the
    Westgate Bridge and Williamstown.

    For those taking part - I offer my services as a domestique, beast of
    burden and sucker.

    I'll be doing the ride on my cargo bike (http://
    www.cargocycles.com.au).
    If you sponsor me, I'll carry your stuff for you (http://
    register.melbournesummercycle.org.au/?timpaton).

    Can you carry an esky on your bike?
    If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
    until you need them?

    tim
    who will be carrying an esky...

    See you on the course Tim.

    I'll be the marshal with an Xtracycle longbike (+ esky) somewhere around
    the Flemington area.
    Have a great ride.

    --
    Pete.B

  4. tim said:

    Anybody doing the MSC next weekend (24 February '08)?

    40km from Alexandra Gardens (Southbank-ish) to Carlton, via the
    Westgate Bridge and Williamstown.

    For those taking part - I offer my services as a domestique, beast of
    burden and sucker.

    I'll be doing the ride on my cargo bike (http://
    www.cargocycles.com.au).
    If you sponsor me, I'll carry your stuff for you (http://
    register.melbournesummercycle.org.au/?timpaton).

    Can you carry an esky on your bike?
    If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
    until you need them?

    tim
    who will be carrying an esky...

    *Shameless plug* *Shameless plug*

    Join Tim's team at this here linkie:
    register.melbournesummercycle.org.auregister.melbournesummercycle.org.au
    Our team: Team Captain Bike is named in honour the memory of the wonderful Sheldon Brown who passed on Feb 3 2008.

    Sheldon was diagnosed with MS in August 2005.

    We salute his massive contribution towards cycling knowledge and expertise.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.