Melbourne to Ballarat Cancelled

PiledHigher

New Member
Jul 30, 2003
Yet another road race lost from the calendar - due to inavbility to get police permits.

Was suggested that it is unlikely to continue next year as a point to point race and will be replaced by a loop course near Ballarat.

Soon there will be no races that don't go around in circles, shame.

PiledHigher

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:41:23 +1000, PiledHigher
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Yet another road race lost from the calendar - due to inavbility to get
>police permits.
>
>Was suggested that it is unlikely to continue next year as a point to
>point race and will be replaced by a loop course near Ballarat.
>
>Soon there will be no races that don't go around in circles, shame.

The real irony of this is that CSV are trying to force us all to
ride opens .. but all the opens are being cancelled, so
there's no racing!

How to backfire .. heh ..

The Ballarat's days were numbered though, the Western Hwy
is way too busy a road to run a race along these days.

I wonder if even the Warny will survive? It should do, it keeps to a
lot of back roads and has a lot of prestige.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Yet another road race lost from the calendar - due to inavbility to get
>police permits.
>
>Was suggested that it is unlikely to continue next year as a point to
>point race and will be replaced by a loop course near Ballarat.
>
>Soon there will be no races that don't go around in circles, shame.

By the way, I've had to put my hand up to be in the BBN TTT team
as there wasn't enough riders to do it(!). You'd be a better TTT
rider than me, why don't you call Nicko and volunteer?

I'm just going to sit in and sprint past the other 3 with 50m to go!

Carl Brewer said:
By the way, I've had to put my hand up to be in the BBN TTT team
as there wasn't enough riders to do it(!). You'd be a better TTT
rider than me, why don't you call Nicko and volunteer?

I'm just going to sit in and sprint past the other 3 with 50m to go!

bwahahahah. auto-muscular-reaction, fellas! honest...

you guys got any better details on the course than the startpoint than:
"Start: 11AM at the Burrum Beet Hall
All categories go out and back on the Lexton Road"

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Yet another road race lost from the calendar - due to inavbility to get
>police permits.
>
>Was suggested that it is unlikely to continue next year as a point to
>point race and will be replaced by a loop course near Ballarat.
>
>Soon there will be no races that don't go around in circles, shame.

By the way, I've had to put my hand up to be in the BBN TTT team
as there wasn't enough riders to do it(!). You'd be a better TTT
rider than me, why don't you call Nicko and volunteer?

I'm just going to sit in and sprint past the other 3 with 50m to go!

Is that this sunday?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:26:47 +1000, PiledHigher
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Carl Brewer Wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:41:23 +1000, PiledHigher
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> >Yet another road race lost from the calendar - due to inavbility to

>> get
>> >police permits.
>> >
>> >Was suggested that it is unlikely to continue next year as a point to
>> >point race and will be replaced by a loop course near Ballarat.
>> >
>> >Soon there will be no races that don't go around in circles, shame.

>> By the way, I've had to put my hand up to be in the BBN TTT team
>> as there wasn't enough riders to do it(!). You'd be a better TTT
>> rider than me, why don't you call Nicko and volunteer?
>>
>> I'm just going to sit in and sprint past the other 3 with 50m to go!

>Is that this sunday?

Next sunday, I hope :)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:14:59 +1000, flyingdutch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Carl Brewer Wrote:
>>
>> By the way, I've had to put my hand up to be in the BBN TTT team
>> as there wasn't enough riders to do it(!). You'd be a better TTT
>> rider than me, why don't you call Nicko and volunteer?
>>
>> I'm just going to sit in and sprint past the other 3 with 50m to go!

>bwahahahah. auto-muscular-reaction, fellas! honest...
>
>you guys got any better details on the course than the startpoint
>than:
>"Start: 11AM at the Burrum Beet Hall
>All categories go out and back on the Lexton Road"

Nope. If it's the same course as it was 2 years ago,
it's straight out for 20-30km on an undulating road, pin
turn and back ...