Melbourne Training Rides

"onegeargimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I ride everywhere...
>
> Regular haunts are the Yarra Trails for ball tearing singletrack,
> Toolangi, Narbathong, St Andrews, Andrew Hill, Kinglake,
> Warrendyte/Wonga Park....
>
> Do you ever ride Yarra Trails? I am there most nights of the week.....

Do you mean around Yarra Bend/Studley park or further out?

Appart from the last week or so, I have been learning my way through this
area's single track selection...

Tim

hippy wrote:
> hippy
> Think of me at 4am, when you are tucked, warm, in bed
> and I have to go out for another lap with failing lights,
> failing legs, dehydration and a hangover ;-)

You lucky *******. If I was able to get over to Victoria I would have
entered but I start a new job next week and a sickie/day off wouldn't
look good. However I am going to sign up for MTBSA's Dirty Weekend next
year. Solo, why? Because I'm a knob. Fat, stupid and stubborn.

--
Cheers
Damian Harvey

www.mazzoir.textamerica.com is my moblog.
Why? Because I have a sexy cam-phone and you don't.
Ha.

"Damian Harvey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You lucky *******. If I was able to get over to Victoria I would have
> entered but I start a new job next week and a sickie/day off wouldn't
> look good. However I am going to sign up for MTBSA's Dirty Weekend

next
> year. Solo, why? Because I'm a knob. Fat, stupid and stubborn.

Hey, it's only 730k's Adelaide to Melbourne. You'd be able to
leave work at 5pm with gear already packed. Drive to
Redesdale, thereby cutting off ~2hrs (maybe). Setup camp
and sleep there the night, ride all weekend, take whatever
speed you had left from the trip here and drive back Sunday
arvo. It's almost too easy! ;-)

hippy
- does not condone drug use... or driving ;-)

Tim, I ride the whole lot from Collingwood to Fitzsimons Lane. Mainly
from Studley to Birrarung Park though....every night...

Hippy, I work in the seafood industry...we just get up early.

--

"onegeargimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tim, I ride the whole lot from Collingwood to Fitzsimons Lane. Mainly
> from Studley to Birrarung Park though....every night...

What time do you usually ride?

> Hippy, I work in the seafood industry...we just get up early.

You'd be handy for those early morning laps ;-)
hippy

http://www.thehippy.net/cycling/trainingrides.htm
has been updated with the:

Freedom Machine Ride
Departs 8.15am Sunday morning from The Freedom Machine, Chapel St,
Prahran. 10-20 riders. Down Chapel St, Fitzroy St to Beach Road. Down
Beach Rd, sprint at Black Rock, sprint at Mordialloc, then down to
Frankston BP Station. Turn around and come back, sprint at St Kilda BP
station, then coffees in Fitzroy St. ~2 1/2 hours, 80km

Thanks Phillip!

hippy