Melbourne Wheels of Justice

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Damn, it's late and I wanna sleep. But I'll pause a moment to kick this off.
If anyone wants to help out, ie: promotional stuff or media, please drop me a line at cfsmtb[at]gmail[dot]com

many many thanks :)

Melbourne Wheels of Justice
Show support for Adelaides Wheels of Justice here in Melbourne.

Next Saturday 7th May, 9.30pm start at Fed Square, cycle up to Parliament. Leave water bottles with messages for justice written on them upon the steps of Parliament, Spring Street. Folks on foot also most welcome!

Come and show your support for Ian Humphreys family and friends, and protest this appalling travesty of justice. Spread the word!

Bugger, subtract 12 hours, please!

Should be NINE THIRTY AM IN THE MORNING.

ok, please accept my humble apologies.... :eek:

On Sun, 01 May 2005 at 05:08 GMT, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> Bugger, subtract 12 hours, please!
>
> Should be NINE THIRTY AM IN THE MORNING.

OK. I'll be there just after I go to the automatic ATM machine at
8:30am in the morning :)

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department :)

I admit that X is the second worst windowing system in the world,
but all the others I've used are tied for first. -- Paul Tomblin

Well, surprise, I've commenced a new blog, Wheels of Justice.
http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com/

I've kicked this off to assist in collating the vast amounts of information on the Eugene McGee case. As you would know, this Eugene McGee case has gone national. This morning I was considering creating a new blog as a reference point that lists all the news articles and discussions it has provoked.

The main reason why I was considering this is that most online news articles/editorials get archived after a while. And then you have to $$$ to access information that was recently on public record. Most of the McGee case can be found on my cfsmtb blog, but I think it would be beneficial for the wider debate to have something people can reference in future - even if the topic may seem to be ephemeral. As the South Australia & Victorian government is currently discussing the topic of hit-run drivers I think it would be beneficial to create an online presence.

After this three-coffee effort I'm completely stuffed. All I can ask of you, dear reader, is to help with promoting the Wheels of Justice Rides this weekend with every (relevant*) contact you know. Now get to it. (*no spamming ok!)

(*Oh, and invite the media too)

cfsmtb said:
[...]

Fantastic site... thanks... The word is certainly getting around on campus about both the issues and the ride.

cheers,
Ali

cfsmtb said:
Bugger, subtract 12 hours, please!

Should be NINE THIRTY AM IN THE MORNING.

ok, please accept my humble apologies.... :eek:
Thats awesome, will be there on saturday morning and will also print out some info and drop it into the LBS

"Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I guess you're right, but I like the idea of having enough cyclists in one
> place to bring the city to a grinding halt :)
>
> --

I think that cyclists wishing to express their disgust at the recent
situation should be careful that the protest doesn't develop into something
that will give the various radio talk-back commentators an excuse to brand
the protest as yet another anti-establishment rally.

Henry.

hemyd wrote:
> "Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>I guess you're right, but I like the idea of having enough cyclists in one
>>place to bring the city to a grinding halt :)
>>
>>--

> I think that cyclists wishing to express their disgust at the recent
> situation should be careful that the protest doesn't develop into something
> that will give the various radio talk-back commentators an excuse to brand
> the protest as yet another anti-establishment rally.
>
> Henry.

If the establishment encourages hit and run drivers, well then we ARE
anti-establishment.

Marty

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of
mine. - Ernesto Che Guevara

How about a way of identifying fellow aus.bicyclers at the protest
rides? Anyone got any ideas?

DaveB

DaveB said:
How about a way of identifying fellow aus.bicyclers at the protest
rides? Anyone got any ideas?

DaveB

Small circular pink sticker on the front of helmet. Any better?

cfsmtb wrote:
> DaveB Wrote:
>
>>How about a way of identifying fellow aus.bicyclers at the protest
>>rides? Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>DaveB

> Small circular pink sticker on the front of helmet. Any better?

So how many people have them lying around the house? I was thinking
maybe something tied to handlebars. A bit of old bike tube?? Where are
the aus.bicycle stickers when you need them?

DaveB

Any idea where the ride will be going?

I'm intending to go for a ride down at Kew in the morning, so I could pop through on the way.

Just explained the whole concept of a protest ride and why we are riding
on Saturday to my 5 year old. She's outraged and she wants to go right now!!

DaveB

DaveB wrote:
> How about a way of identifying fellow aus.bicyclers at the protest
> rides? Anyone got any ideas?
>
> DaveB

Hmmm black armband? Nah

dave said:
DaveB wrote:
> How about a way of identifying fellow aus.bicyclers at the protest
> rides? Anyone got any ideas?
>
> DaveB

Hmmm black armband? Nah

Or red or blue? Don't forget the old water bottle, with a fridge marker message.

cfsmtb wrote:
> DaveB Wrote:
>
>>How about a way of identifying fellow aus.bicyclers at the protest
>>rides? Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>DaveB

> Small circular pink sticker on the front of helmet. Any better?

How about a sticker of any colour on the helmet with a.b on it. Plus
your net name if the sticker is big enough.

DaveB