MEMBER MUGSHOT THREAD - the sequel

Lab_Rat

May 3, 2002
Due to the untimely demise of the last member's mugshot thread, I thought we could introduce the sequel.

Any offerings. . .??

Originally posted by Lab_Rat
Due to the untimely demise of the last member's mugshot thread, I thought we could introduce the sequel.

Any offerings. . .??

How do you add a picture to the message :confused: And where's your mugshot?

Originally posted by Stevedvg

I don't have any with me at the moment. I'll have one tomorrow. er. . . lets see, I think you select the IMG button and upload it from there. . .er, no that doesn't seem to work.

Perhaps one of the Moderators could help. . .

VO2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help

You'll have to upload the image to a picture/image host server (go to google/yahoo and search "free picture hosting" or something along those lines) first. Then, the url pointing to the image on the server can then be inserted into the IMG box.

This is a very old picture that I found when going through some old albums. It has faded quite a bit, but I managed to get some detail out in Photoshop.
The picture was taken in early 1986, I was 16 at the time.
Eddy Merckx was in Cape Town, South Africa as a celebrity guest to inaugurate the first Bellville Street Mile (can't remember how many they held before it vanished off the calendar).
I am on the left, my younger brother (not a cyclist) is in the middle, and you know who is on the right.

Ah, man, last time it took me an hour to get the pic up there, I think it'll have to wait a while. I'll have to do a new pic, this time one of me with my beautiful bicycle!

S

Any offerings. . .??

Originally posted by Stevedvg

When you reply to this thread there is an Attach File option just below the main text box, click the browse button and select the image of your hard drive and your done :) I think there is a size limit of 100KB or something like that.

cheers

Ahh there we go. Thanks Steve.

Here is a before and after scenario. The first is in the first 30km of a MTB ride and the other is me at the finish. If you note the left knee, you will correctly conclude that I need to work on my landings. . .

Look 'ere you - I am the queen of falling off bikes - remember! Cool man .. your legs are huge .. wish I could get mine like that .. guess I best get peddlin' (in my dreams)

me on our Pyrenees tour a few years back note the skinny legs and way overloaded bike (for the Pyrenees anyway). A middle aged French sports rider looked at my bike and then grabbed my leg saying something like "C'est pas possible", I think indicating that i looked too frail to make it up the hill, in return I pointed to my 18" granny gear and indicated that I travelled very slowly

Originally posted by sdorrity
me on our Pyrenees tour a few years back note the skinny legs and way overloaded bike (for the Pyrenees anyway). A middle aged French sports rider looked at my bike and then grabbed my leg saying something like "C'est pas possible", I think indicating that i looked too frail to make it up the hill, in return I pointed to my 18" granny gear and indicated that I travelled very slowly

LOL grannies may sure bbe useful sometimes!!!:)

Sure, this game looks like fun. In this first one I'm on the left somewhere in Idado or Montanna making my way across the country with some buddies last summer

bike1.jpg

This one I'm riding a bike that I found in a dumpster while looking for some food in Wyoming. (We were on a tight budget, and I found half a pizza in there too!!)

bike2.jpg

Here I am doing fire devil sticks attempting to raise some money in Ohio.

bike3.jpg

Here is a before and after scenario. The first is in the first 30km of a MTB ride and the other is me at the finish. If you note the left knee, you will correctly conclude that I need to work on my landings. . .

Nice legs, looks like Lab_rat shaves those muscly legs - or does he wax?

har, har, girls,

Now that would be telling. . . Would you rather me be a woolly mammoth?

any volunteers? (Now I suppose I'm asking for trouble), and by the way, it's not big legs, it's small knees

and by the way, it's not big legs, it's small knees [/B]

Then how do you explain the arms? Small elbows? The possibilities of this particular word game are endless...

S ;-))

Guys, guys, sny of you. . . I'm looking for some assistance here. So much for the school of thought that cycling is in fact an intense, drama-filled team event.

It looks as though the ladies team have 2 in the break away and the guys just one. . . attack and counter attack. . .

I'm not riding with you girls, I'll be slaughtered. . .