Memogate gets uglier for Kerry

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by TritonRider, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. TritonRider wrote:
    > http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-20
    > -cbs-documents_x.htm
    > Bill C

    Uglier for CBS than anyone. As for Kerry and Lockhart it's potentially
    losing a trump card. Are the documents real or not? Has that been
    definitively answered or is everything sinking into the mud.

    Oh, and what does this have to do with rbr? Any further revelations on
    how the candidates stack up with bikes? (rimshot)

  2. > Uglier for CBS than anyone.

    CBS's attempt to smear Bush reminds me when someone here posts something
    like, oh and by the way did you know that Jacques Anquetil was a pervert.
    Who cares, what he did 30 years ago.

  3. Callistus Valerius wrote:

    >>Uglier for CBS than anyone.

    > CBS's attempt to smear Bush reminds me when someone here posts something
    > like, oh and by the way did you know that Jacques Anquetil was a pervert.
    > Who cares, what he did 30 years ago.

    If you're a sponsor you might be a bit concerned that your star rider
    got busted for downloading kiddie pr0n. It's all relative, more or less.

    *waffle* *waffle*

  4. true political genius to have a sneaky, coddled draft dodger get the
    upper hand in a scandal involving someone who actually risked his life
    fighting. The medium is the message.

    Hope your kids all like paying off the war on Iraq, @ 200 billion $US,
    is that about $800 for every man, woman and child in the US? Before
    interest. Unless of course you're rich. Then you don't have to pay-
    You collect; likes Bush's brother Neil, to the tune of 27 million or
    so from the S&L scandal.

    I have to get used to the fact that things never, ever change, nor do
    the lies of the privileged.

  5. Woogoogle

    Woogoogle Guest

  6. Woogoogle wrote:
    > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-20
    >>-cbs-documents_x.htm
    >> Bill C

    > In between Bush failing his physical and not reporting for duty, that
    > sure does look ugly for Kerry.

    Yeah, for Kerry to pass his physicals he musta been on something. Too
    bad the army didn't perform mandatory drug testing back then, put only
    clean guys into uniform. Oh, that probably would have nailed Bush, too,
    but he wasn't actually given a gun that could hurt anybody.

  7. >
    > Yeah, for Kerry to pass his physicals he musta been on something. Too
    > bad the army didn't perform mandatory drug testing back then, put only
    > clean guys into uniform. Oh, that probably would have nailed Bush, too,
    > but he wasn't actually given a gun that could hurt anybody.

    Wasn't everyone on drugs then?

    :)

  8. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:
    > Wasn't everyone on drugs then?

    No, Keith Moon was as clean as LANCE.

  9. [email protected] (Woogoogle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-20
    > > -cbs-documents_x.htm
    > > Bill C

    > In between Bush failing his physical and not reporting for duty, that
    > sure does look ugly for Kerry.

    Kerry doesn't look bad, none of his people brought this up, Dan
    Rather looks like a chump now and CBS news. Don't know how you can
    bring Kerry into this, as far as we know, Kerry's side has nothing
    to do with this.

    Tom

  10. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Yeah, for Kerry to pass his physicals he musta been on something. Too
    > > bad the army didn't perform mandatory drug testing back then, put only
    > > clean guys into uniform. Oh, that probably would have nailed Bush, too,
    > > but he wasn't actually given a gun that could hurt anybody.

    > Wasn't everyone on drugs then?
    >
    > :)

    Thet thar's purty durn suspishus, lahk whut kinda sick-o wud keep offa
    them drugs win everwun aylse is doon 'em, eh? Ya gotta ax them kinda
    kwestshuns...

  11. [email protected] (Tom Arsenault) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Woogoogle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-20
    > > > -cbs-documents_x.htm
    > > > Bill C

    > > In between Bush failing his physical and not reporting for duty, that
    > > sure does look ugly for Kerry.

    > Kerry doesn't look bad, none of his people brought this up, Dan
    > Rather looks like a chump now and CBS news. Don't know how you can
    > bring Kerry into this, as far as we know, Kerry's side has nothing
    > to do with this.
    >
    > Tom

    You ought to know by now that during these final weeks there will be
    people coming out of the wood work who can spin better than a
    battalion of quantum physicists.

    "Kerry didn't know anything about Bush's record because HE WAS OUT OF
    THE LOOP!"

    Truth be stranger than fiction.

  12. Woogoogle

    Woogoogle Guest

    [email protected] (Tom Arsenault) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Woogoogle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-20
    > > > -cbs-documents_x.htm
    > > > Bill C

    > > In between Bush failing his physical and not reporting for duty, that
    > > sure does look ugly for Kerry.

    > Kerry doesn't look bad, none of his people brought this up, Dan
    > Rather looks like a chump now and CBS news. Don't know how you can
    > bring Kerry into this, as far as we know, Kerry's side has nothing
    > to do with this.
    >
    > Tom

    Sorry forgot my emoticon. I was being sarcastic. Enough OT for today.

  13. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: ackth[email protected] (Richard Adams)

    >"Kerry didn't know anything about Bush's record because HE WAS OUT OF
    >THE LOOP!"
    >
    >Truth be stranger than fiction.

    It just amuses me that exactly the same people who were screaming that the
    Bush campaign was writing the Swift Boat boys stuff based on some pretty tenuos
    contacts are the first ones screaming that the Kerry camp obviously had nothing
    to do with Rathergate.
    You will notice that Howard has been fairly quiet. If you haven't had a
    political discussion (not pissing match) you have missed a really good
    experience. Howard is definitely left, but does his homework, when he says
    something he has background, he listens and responds intelligently and
    honestly.
    Lots of people around here on both sides could take a lesson, me included at
    times.
    Bill C

  14. On 21 Sep 2004 23:33:16 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    >>From: [email protected] (Richard Adams)

    >>"Kerry didn't know anything about Bush's record because HE WAS OUT OF
    >>THE LOOP!"
    >>
    >>Truth be stranger than fiction.

    > It just amuses me that exactly the same people who were screaming that the
    >Bush campaign was writing the Swift Boat boys stuff based on some pretty tenuos
    >contacts are the first ones screaming that the Kerry camp obviously had nothing
    >to do with Rathergate.

    It's completely unknown who was behind memogate (beyond CBS). The
    links between Republican donors and Swift Boats vets are clear.

    Also, the information in the faked memos is generally similar to
    information that is known to be true (I'm not saying that makes faking
    things right). Whereas the stories of the Swiftboat people contradict
    other documentary evidence.

    If the memos were from the Kerry camp (or Democratic leaders) that is
    heinous. But there is no evidence about that.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  15. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: John Forrest Tomlinson [email protected]

    >If the memos were from the Kerry camp (or Democratic leaders) that is
    >heinous. But there is no evidence about that.
    >
    >JT

    I'm not going to dispute the that Bush was a lousy Airhead. I'm also not going
    to write off the Kerry camp knowing what was going on based on their denials.
    My personal opinion is that Rather knew there were questions about the source
    and ran with it anyway since it fit his politics.
    If this had been reversed Mike Moore would be in every news provider screaming
    for a huge investigation and they'd be giving him the space to do it.
    How about we try dropping the insinuations, slander(ducking Brian's lawyerese
    on what constitutes slander), half truths, etc..
    Clinton was a draft dodger, Kerry showed up and did his job, Bush showed up
    sometimes and was a fuckup. For me Kerry and his friends have been on a 40 year
    mission to screw over, criminalize, and dehumanize our military. An awful lot
    of it based on testimony that has been proven false and the reports are saying
    VVAW staged a lot of this false testimony. and he has still not apologized for
    it. Jane Fonda did.
    Bush/Cheney/Scumsfeld want to do for the military what they want to do for the
    environment which is rape it so it's ugly from both sides.
    Let's try something novel and stick to issues and facts in a political
    campaign.
    Bill C

  16. On 22 Sep 2004 00:05:44 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    > For me Kerry and his friends have been on a 40 year
    >mission to screw over, criminalize, and dehumanize our military.

    When you bring this up this way it suggests biases are clouding your
    judgement as it relates to the memos. It's fine not to like Kerry but
    that shouldn't affect your opinion of whether or not he was behind the
    fake memos. That should be based on what we know about them.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  17. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    > On 22 Sep 2004 00:05:44 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:
    >
    > > For me Kerry and his friends have been on a 40 year
    > >mission to screw over, criminalize, and dehumanize our military.

    > When you bring this up this way it suggests biases are clouding your
    > judgement as it relates to the memos. It's fine not to like Kerry but
    > that shouldn't affect your opinion of whether or not he was behind the
    > fake memos. That should be based on what we know about them.

    Why do you often lambaste people for cycling related, but off-RBR topic then
    go ahead and add fuel/NOISE to the fire John? B I Z A R R E.

    -Ken

  18. On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:55:29 GMT, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Why do you often lambaste people for cycling related, but off-RBR topic then
    >go ahead and add fuel/NOISE to the fire John? B I Z A R R E.

    I don't know. I never start off-topic discussions. If you want to
    stop any offtopic discussions, please stop them when they start.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  19. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    > >From: [email protected] (Richard Adams)

    > >"Kerry didn't know anything about Bush's record because HE WAS OUT OF
    > >THE LOOP!"
    > >
    > >Truth be stranger than fiction.

    > It just amuses me that exactly the same people who were screaming that the
    > Bush campaign was writing the Swift Boat boys stuff based on some pretty
    > tenuos
    > contacts are the first ones screaming that the Kerry camp obviously had
    > nothing
    > to do with Rathergate.
    > You will notice that Howard has been fairly quiet. If you haven't had a
    > political discussion (not pissing match) you have missed a really good
    > experience. Howard is definitely left, but does his homework, when he says
    > something he has background, he listens and responds intelligently and
    > honestly.
    > Lots of people around here on both sides could take a lesson, me included at
    > times.
    > Bill C

    Well, I suppose I should thank you, Bill. Thank you.

    I think CBS choked hard on this one. They didn't do enough investigating
    prior to running the story, and they certainly didn't respond properly once
    it looked like there were problems with the docs. It'd be nice to get the
    down-low on the source. But I do find it pretty amusing that some are
    raising so much of a stink about getting the source out on this when they
    seem completely unconcerned with finding out who was the source on the
    Plame leak/punishment move on Joseph Wilson. Get to the bottom of a felony?
    Bah! Goddamn Novak even made comments that CBS needed to reveal their
    source - what irony is that?

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    "Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
    Albert Einstein

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?