Memory-Map v Anquet v ?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dewi, May 27, 2004.

  1. Dewi

    Dewi Guest

    Anyone care to express an opinion on mapping software :)

    At the moment I'm more interested in PC mapping
    software rather than the GPS, though I do know they can
    be used together.

    --
    Dewi,

    (remove spin for email)

    Tags:

  2. > At the moment I'm more interested in PC mapping software
    > rather than the GPS, though I do know they can be used
    > together.

    Anquet and Memory Map are both generally well regarded by
    users on here personally I've only used an earlier version
    of Anquet and thought it a bit basic.

    Another consideration is Tracklogs,
    http://www.tracklogs.co.uk which has similar functionality
    and comes with either OS 1:50k or 1:25k but is generally
    cheaper than the other two.

    Fugawi is another that comes packaged with OS maps but has
    very poor height data (see earlier thread) and no 3D view.

    If you have paper maps to scan then you can get the same
    functionality at a much cheaper price using one of these :-

    http://www.trailgauge.co.uk - can't really comment as this
    is my own, http://www.gpsu.co.uk - good GPS but no 3d
    functions http://www.oziexplorer.com - expensive but very
    good GPS functions.

    They all have free demo (not sure about Memory Map) versions
    that you can try to see which you prefer.

    --
    Andrew Whaley, author of :-

    Trailgauge - Shareware 3D GPS Mapping Software
    Free Download from http://www.trailgauge.com

  3. Lewis

    Lewis Guest

    I have Memory Map and it works pretty well, I love the
    aerial photos especially. Folks here tend to favour
    Anquet's customer service, so that might be worth bearing
    in mind, but seeing as they all offer free demos, just try
    it for yourself.

    Ozi looks good, but you have to provide your own maps.

    None of them are cheap, so have a good think before you take
    the plunge!

    Lewis

  4. Mc

    Mc Guest

    > They all have free demo (not sure about Memory Map)
    > versions that you can try to see which you prefer.

    Memory map do a free trial - think it works for 10 days. You
    can download it from

    http://www.memory-map.co.uk/downloads.htm

    news:[email protected]...