Men and shaving? sexy or not? and what part?

snafu

Jun 27, 2004
I've considered shaving my legs as I'm about half as hairy as Chewbacca and I would like to get the ladies point of view.

Seems they're just not bothered mate!

Looks like you'll have to make your own decisions after all:)

thought only if you keep it up.....stubble on the back aint sexy at all........wax, hehehe, much funnier......gets us gals to do it 4 ya!!

If you're going to go hairless, wax - don't shave. Nothing 'unsexier' than body stubble on a man. :eek:

One word: Ouch!

I still can't figure out how the ladies can stand to pour hot wax, let it cool with a cloth strap, and then yank the strap off (w/ the hair). And yet, some of those same ladies can stand the sight of a furry rodent. :D

Nonetheless, I shutter at the thought of it. Granted, I might have to face that in the future if my future spouse has serious objections to a hair back. After all love can make people do some rather incredible things that normally they wouldn't do.

However, on a more informative point. If one has already done the waxing, information about cost and duration before returning would be good for other readers.

-Chi

never tried it....and dont think i would....but as its jus come off.......i've jus managed to persuade one of my lad mates to shave!!!!! n its so funny...and def waaaaaaaaaaay sexier!! lol

Why not just shave your name and emergency contact numbers in. Then you always have ID on you.:)

snafu said:
I've considered shaving my legs as I'm about half as hairy as Chewbacca and I would like to get the ladies point of view.

chispa60 said:
One word: Ouch!

I still can't figure out how the ladies can stand to pour hot wax, let it cool with a cloth strap, and then yank the strap off (w/ the hair). And yet, some of those same ladies can stand the sight of a furry rodent. :D

Nonetheless, I shutter at the thought of it. Granted, I might have to face that in the future if my future spouse has serious objections to a hair back. After all love can make people do some rather incredible things that normally they wouldn't do.

However, on a more informative point. If one has already done the waxing, information about cost and duration before returning would be good for other readers.

-Chi

Dear Chispa60

I'm a licensed Aesthetician/Electrolysis. The cost depends which part of the body being waxed.

Back $35.00 to $40.00
Legs $55.00 to $65.00

Any hair plucked or waxed off the body will grow back between 4 to 6 weeks.
Laser hair removal is semi-permanent while Electrolysis is Permanent.
In my business I do treat a number of men mostly for back hair some for leg hair. I hope his helps.

I would not recommend staying hairy. I have seen some nastey falls and a lot of skin removed due to having body hair.

Waxing is the go. Yes it does make you :eek: a bit, but hey its over and done with quickly. Plus after you have waxed you will have a smooth body for at least a month. Often the roots of the hair follicles are pulled out too, and this reduces the amount of hair re-growth.

If you shave your hair will grow back quickly and you'll probably have to shave it more frequently than your face.

Mellic said:
I would not recommend staying hairy. I have seen some nastey falls and a lot of skin removed due to having body hair.

Waxing is the go. Yes it does make you :eek: a bit, but hey its over and done with quickly. Plus after you have waxed you will have a smooth body for at least a month. Often the roots of the hair follicles are pulled out too, and this reduces the amount of hair re-growth.

If you shave your hair will grow back quickly and you'll probably have to shave it more frequently than your face.
It not totally true even by pulling the hair root out of the follicle it will regrow.The follicle has to be killed by electrolysis to prevent regrowth. Over time waxing and plucking will cause the the hair to grow larger. By plucking/waxed hair cause a small micro wound to the follicle both blood and the angine hormone flow to the wound. Its like fertilizing and watering your lawn. Shaving does not increase hair growth but when you cut the hair shaft close to base the daimeter is larger. As the hair grows it appears courser. In waxing as the hair reachers the skin surface the point of the hair is finer but the longer the hair the larger the diameter. Another point is that only appox 50% of your hair is on the skin surface at any time.

Jene said:
never tried it....and dont think i would....but as its jus come off.......i've jus managed to persuade one of my lad mates to shave!!!!! n its so funny...and def waaaaaaaaaaay sexier!! lol
Shave, Shave Shave...nothing sexier than a cyclist legs!:p

For the ladies, most that I know find it sexy. Shows the definition of the legs.

On to the practicality of it all. Guys always ask me if they should shave or not.
Shave or wax.. no difference except the pain and the frequency.

Why do we do it? :confused:
-Some say aerodynamics - I doubt it.. but ok for swimmers
-Looks good - probably best reason to attract ladies
-Easy to clean - nothing worse than those itchy nats getting caught in your leg hair!
-Better for bandages.. True..(i speak from experience)

**Probably the best reason why I do it..:rolleyes: When I go to my masseuse I get a better massage... Have you ever massaged a hairy leg? Not too easy and kinda nasty all tangled up! I shaved my legs and I noticed that my massages were suddenly better and they focused on my legs much longer!

As to what part?.. the question is how far up? :eek:
Some go to edge of shorts, others go all the way up.
All the way up looks best when naked or in a speedo, but not the easiest to do..

Conniebiker said:
Shaved men are so much cleaner feeling too.:)

You are right there; men who don't shave don't know what they're missing and either does their other half.

Azulene said:
It not totally true even by pulling the hair root out of the follicle it will regrow.The follicle has to be killed by electrolysis to prevent regrowth. Over time waxing and plucking will cause the the hair to grow larger. By plucking/waxed hair cause a small micro wound to the follicle both blood and the angine hormone flow to the wound. Its like fertilizing and watering your lawn. Shaving does not increase hair growth but when you cut the hair shaft close to base the daimeter is larger. As the hair grows it appears courser. In waxing as the hair reachers the skin surface the point of the hair is finer but the longer the hair the larger the diameter. Another point is that only appox 50% of your hair is on the skin surface at any time.

Thanks for that interesting information; never know that.

Azulene said:
Over time waxing and plucking will cause the the hair to grow larger
Are you sure? I pluck my arm-pit hair and find that it grows back finer... or that's what I think at least! But I suppose I don't usually allow my arm-pit hair to grow very long [starts looking at arm-pit hair. I should probably pluck it some time soon - when I can be bothered]

I'm an Australian-born Vietnamese and so have inherited the wonderful hair-free-arm-and-leg gene and so can't even remember the last time I shaved my smooth arms & legs.

My exboyfriend loved getting waxed. He said he liked the feeling of smooth skin. He used to get his chest, legs, back, butt and crack waxed. I found it sexy because I found him sexy because it was something only he would do. I don't mind a bit of hair though. But as others have said, depends on the guy.