Men, Would You Wear Pink?

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Tonight we went to the mall to look for clothes to wear in a family photo in Nov. The colors are fall colors. My daughter sent some samples of colors to wear since we have no idea wtf fall colors are!

So I found this shirt that matches one of the samples. I had Gina take a pic of me trying it on while I did my mannequin pose. :lol:

But every freankin' store we walked by had something pink in the window for cancer awareness month. Bough the shirt at Macy's and if we donated $5 to the cancer society, we got this little pin. If we wear the pin to Macy's through the 18th, we also get another 20% discount on our purchases. Oh yeah, we got an instant 20% tonight too after purchasing the pin. Pay $5 and save $8, not a bad deal. B)

Anyway, all this pink stuff, Gina asked if I would wear a pink jersey on a bike ride. No problem for me. I have no issues with my manhood and wouldn't feel the least insecure about wearing pink. Now she wants me to find a pink jersey on line so we can both wear pink on a ride.! ;)

20151005_193155_zpsb9vivqeb.jpg

Reactions: BobCochran
Pink has become a pretty fashionable colour for blokes to wear in recent years so I think you're perfectly safe there ;)

I'm on the lookout for a pink and black t-shirt at the moment because I think those colours look and blend so well together B)

Susimi said:
Pink has become a pretty fashionable colour for blokes to wear in recent years so I think you're perfectly safe there ;)

I'm on the lookout for a pink and black t-shirt at the moment because I think those colours look and blend so well together B)

I saw this one but XL would be too small for me since I'm thinking it's Euro cut like most jerseys.

http://www.backcountry.com/capo-fondo-jersey-short-sleeve-mens-cap2487?CMP_SKU=CAP2487&MER=0406&skid=CAP2487-PK-XL&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc001&mv_pc=r101&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&mr:trackingCode=165A4D6B-1B26-E311-92D4-BC305BF82376&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:ad=79923399037&mr:keyword&mr:match&mr:tid=kwd-151120984597&mr:ploc=9031250&mr:iloc=9031236&mr:store&mr:filter=151120984597&gclid=CjwKEAjwv8iwBRC35-_e8aPqwCESJAB8khP97n2--tZW2ZyTevQaqgYca8VXACq_QxvUy2fUIgsFbRoC7FTw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Attachments

• 0pink2.JPG
    0pink2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 6
No. It was never my style. It's not 1983 anymore and I never was a detective on Miami Vice.

Back in the '80's a friend raced his pink Ciocc with a pink helmet, pink gloves and pink shorts. It was kind of stupid looking, but it was his thing so...no big deal. He was getting way overboard on the pink just to weird people out.

It worked.

He put one of those pink plastic yard flamingo's on one of the semi-realistic gray Styrofoam 'cement blocks' strapped to the rear rack of his tandem to freak people out, too.

No one was freaked out, but they did laugh, so it was all good.

BTW, I love the pose! Maybe you can do one in your new pink jersey...sorta like a bike shop mannequin...if there was such a thing.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Sorry for laughing at this thread, no offense. Pink is actually my favorite color although I have no riding getup in color pink. It is usually black or blue. Now this makes me realize why I don't have a pink getup. But anyway, I was laughing because pink is supposed to be for female or those trying to look female, hahahaaa. So maybe the guy who would be wearing that pink jersey would be easy to spot in a group ride.

Yeah, I have a pink coloured T-Mobile cycling jersey.

I do get some odd looks and catcalls when seen pedalling wearing it

The cause is more important for me which is in this case about cancer awareness. But if we are not talking about any of that I would tend to be selected which shade of pink it is. I would prefer the muted not the shockingly loud pink should I be wearing one.

To be honest, I used to think bad things about pink cycling equipment till I watched Jan Ullrich race in the TDF. I'd be happy to have one of those bikes now! B)

Attachments

• 0pinkbike.JPG
    0pinkbike.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 0pinkbike1.JPG
    0pinkbike1.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
Pink is getting more and more popular for guys, and I've noticed it particularly in sportswear. I think attitudes have shifted to the point where someone giving a man grief for wearing pink would stand out a lot more (in a bad way) than a man actually just wearing pink.

There are 4 extremely prized jerseys in pro cycling. One is yellow, one is red, and one is white with rainbow stripes. The 4th? It's pink. The Maglia Rosa.

You can bet your ass I'd wear it if I won it. :D

There are times when I don't mind the colour:

Clothing%20-%20Skirt%20-%20Victorias%20Secret%20-%20Santa%20Pink%20Crop.jpg

But for myself it doesn't really suit on any clothing. I don't mind sinking the pink though... :p

[SIZE=10pt]I don’t have problems wearing pink especially when it is for a cause like cancer awareness month. I once joined a fun run for cancer awareness and the singlet was pink in color for both male and female participants, so it was no issue. In terms of wearing a pink jersey in a casual bike ride, I guess I have no issues as well, but as of now I do not own any pink jerseys, just because I don’t really like the color pink :)[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Maybe I’ll try to find one in a store and try to wear one soon and just see how people react. I might look for something pink with other color combinations, and I’ll skip those that are plainly pink in color :p[/SIZE]

While I must admit that pink isn't my favourite colour I have in the past worn a pink cycling top. At the time it seemed like a good idea but looking back at some of the photographs I'm thinking it wasn't my best look to be honest.