Mendrisio elite TT

Andrija

Feb 16, 2005
I haven't found start list yet, but usual suspects are there.
It would be enormous surprise if someone beats Cancellara. Maybe that bump in (about) middle of the course will break Grabsch's rhythm and distance him from the top three, but defending champion should be strong opponent to Cancellara. Some absences make this race far less exciting than it should be.

Great little topic.
And Nice work--thank you for sharing- for me this makes perfect sense though.

Cancellara will definately win.

Martin, Ignatiev, Boasson-Hagen, Wiggins all fighting out the podium IMO.

Wiggins is going for the time trial... and only the time trial. No road race for Wiggo - so expect something sensational following some specific time trial prep. He's been able to pull out the fastest times in the world for the pursuit on a diet of road racing and specific track prep - at a speed that Fabian could only hope for. Wiggo's learned to climb too...

... I wouldn't say this was as clear cut as it would first seem.

swampy1970 said:
Wiggins is going for the time trial... and only the time trial. No road race for Wiggo - so expect something sensational following some specific time trial prep. He's been able to pull out the fastest times in the world for the pursuit on a diet of road racing and specific track prep - at a speed that Fabian could only hope for. Wiggo's learned to climb too...

... I wouldn't say this was as clear cut as it would first seem.

I was told on very good authority that he is only using the worlds as prep for the Herald Sun Tour in October.:p

I think Canc has to be favourite - although if Contador was riding it he'd beat Canc (that's a refer to this years TDF TT in week three).

There are a couple of contenders : Wiggins, Grabsch (if he's riding the championships).

It's going to be interesting to see how Kazakhs will perform, especially Kashechkin. Nothing huge should be expected, but just to see what he's been doing while banned and how he's doing now. We already have some info about Vino, so Kashechkin is more interesting in my opinion.

swampy1970 said:
The who what Tour, Classic?

Wiggo seems to know about it.

You may want to check to see if there are any stage races in the United States of Seppotania or Greater Pomgolia that have been running longer than the Herald Sun Tour.

classic1 said:
I was told on very good authority that he is only using the worlds as prep for the Herald Sun Tour in October.:p

Richie Porte wins the Herald Sun Tour.

We cycled around the lake and then headed towards Mendrisio to check out the ... The Men`s Elite TT comprised 3 laps of the circuit and, with Cancellarahe bull-like German was second in the German elite TT champs as far back as 1997 ... but he'll have a chance in Mendrisio at his favorite disciplineMendrisio: Noemi Cantele, a Beautiful Silver Medal in TT: September 23, Women's Elite Individual Time Trial: Men........