men's marathon trials

Dwjones

Guest
why is it that the us men's marathon trials are not be televised on NBC? after all NBC is the
olympic station. one would think that that at the very least they would show a 1 hour highlight
package. this is pathetic IMHO.

>why is it that the us men's marathon trials are not be televised on NBC? after all NBC is the
>olympic station. one would think that that at the very least they would show a 1 hour highlight
>package. this is pathetic IMHO.

Because the Millrose Games are being televised on NBC (12-1:30PM in Los Angeles). This is probably
at least partially subsidized by USATF, which should tell you something about the relative interest
level. I dare say not too many people are interested in the Oly Marathon Trials except marathon
runners (really small audience). I'll bet there's a lot more interest in Marion Jones post-baby: I
know that's the way my high school kids see it.

Lyndon "Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach Brooks Johnson

well they would not be televising the millrose games live. so why couldn't
they show both the millrose games as well as the men's marathon trials? or
is that asking for too much? i am sure they have nothing better to air on a
saturday afternoon
news:[email protected]...