men's marathon trials

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dwjones, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Dwjones

    Dwjones Guest

    why is it that the us men's marathon trials are not be televised on NBC? after all NBC is the
    olympic station. one would think that that at the very least they would show a 1 hour highlight
    package. this is pathetic IMHO.

    Tags:

  2. Lanceandrew

    Lanceandrew Guest

    it's janet jackson's fault.

  3. Lyndon

    Lyndon Guest

    >why is it that the us men's marathon trials are not be televised on NBC? after all NBC is the
    >olympic station. one would think that that at the very least they would show a 1 hour highlight
    >package. this is pathetic IMHO.

    Because the Millrose Games are being televised on NBC (12-1:30PM in Los Angeles). This is probably
    at least partially subsidized by USATF, which should tell you something about the relative interest
    level. I dare say not too many people are interested in the Oly Marathon Trials except marathon
    runners (really small audience). I'll bet there's a lot more interest in Marion Jones post-baby: I
    know that's the way my high school kids see it.

    Lyndon "Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach Brooks Johnson

  4. Dwjones

    Dwjones Guest

    well they would not be televising the millrose games live. so why couldn't
    they show both the millrose games as well as the men's marathon trials? or
    is that asking for too much? i am sure they have nothing better to air on a
    saturday afternoon
    news:[email protected]...