Mens US Track team Failure

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by cat6, Jan 29, 2007.

1. cat6

cat6 New Member

only 2 men are to be send to Manchester to compete in endurance events Lea and Huff.

I mean there no one else in America strong enough to be sent there?

isn't that a total failure of mens track team/coaching/USCF?

Tags:

2. fergie

fergie Member

As opossed to what success in the US Endurance Track Squad?

3. FixedGearFever

FixedGearFever New Member

Actually, I believe Creed will be there as well, riding for Slipstream, not the US National team.

Just an FYI!

-jsp

4. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Simply a policitical-social issue in the US. Look at Track and Field, who are the best sprinters in the World for the most part???? Why is there practically none of this demographic involved in track cycling???? The USCF is not interested in tapping into this talent pool by recruiting these athletes. Why???? I can only speculate but in the meantime there will be no substantial results worth noting from US athletes in track cycling...

5. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

It's fascinating that no one has touched my above comments. I'm interested in hearing from some of the dedicated US trackkies as to why cross-recruiting is not taking place in the US. You see and have seen it occur in other athletic disciplines...

6. Flyer's.Finale!

Flyer's.Finale! New Member

Tony does not get out much.

The best sprinters in the world have BEEN drug busted and humiliated on the international stage.

Nike endorsed cheaters:
    Marion Jones
    Justin Gatlin
    Tim Montgomery
    Regina Jacobs
    Kelli White
    Michelle Collins
    Tori Edwards
    LaTasha Jenkins

All black athletes, and all disgraced as drug abusers.

Then we have (Non-Nike endoirsed) Stephen Alfred. That puts another black eye onto USA sprinting.

The NFL is the only USA home for black athletes to dope and sprint to fame.

7. FixedGearFever

FixedGearFever New Member

Tony,

My guess... cycling is a very specific sport. Crossing over isn't something done easily. Heck, the bmxers were fast as snot, but had issues with the track (and then again, the program).

It would be an interesting experiment, but ultimately, I wonder if you could just take a track (and field) field sprinter and get him ready for the big show. Perhaps, you take the 2nd or third string track sprinters and present them with another opportunity they might see it as good, but how do you tell the best runner ... give up THIS career... we have THAT career waiting?

I don't think at the Olympic or professional level running and cycling are compatible...

-jsp