Mens World Titles : ITT & Road Race.

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Just watching the highlights from Australia of the Mens ITT.

Looks like a nice course in Geelong, Australia.

Very imperssive ITT win for Cancellara :

Kudo to David Millar, rode a great race.
Ritchie Porte did a great ride too.

Pity Tony Martin had a mechanical.

Cancellara is a beast... Amazing performance once again.

**** luck for Martin, had it not been for the puncture, he would have bested Millers time.

I think he [Cancellara] has a great opportunity to do the double?, if the early classics are anything to go by. Add him to your favorite list for Sunday if you already haven't.

Originally Posted by Chapeau! .

Cancellara is a beast... Amazing performance once again.

**** luck for Martin, had it not been for the puncture, he would have bested Millers time.

I think he [Cancellara] has a great opportunity to do the double?, if the early classics are anything to go by. Add him to your favorite list for Sunday if you already haven't.
I reckon he'll do the double /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by steve .

I reckon he'll do the double /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if FC ends up in the rainbow jersey for about the whole of next year winning both ellite races, but I'm pegging someone a bit smaller than FC. Looks like a good bit of steep climbing towards the end which might suit someone like Frank Schleck. I'm going Schleck, Gilbert then Cancellara.

Steve, since your a Geelong local, what is the forecast for the road race?

It's interesting to note the two riders from St. Kitts, an interesting country listed in the start list. They took a beating at 23 minutes down, how did they qualify? The last placed rider was only going 20.5 miles per hour! I, and other people on this forum could TT faster than that (well, not if it's really windy, I guess)!

By comparison, the 3rd to last rider averaged 24 mph, and Fabian himself was around 28mph.

It's well known that the man with the latest gruber assist will win, duh. Size, hmmpfff../img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Waiting on the replay, I missed the men's race but the course from the women's, well, Australia in general just looks awesome.

Originally Posted by genedan .

It's interesting to note the two riders from St. Kitts, an interesting country listed in the start list. They took a beating at 23 minutes down, how did they qualify? The last placed rider was only going 20.5 miles per hour! I, and other people on this forum could TT faster than that (well, not if it's really windy, I guess)!

By comparison, the 3rd to last rider averaged 24 mph, and Fabian himself was around 28mph.

I have no idea, one of them was a tank, would have weighed 110KG, he even had a huge gut. Both were creeping up the climbs. I guess it's part of globalizing the sport, good on them - i'm jealous /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif