Merckx #1

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Russ Baxter, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Russ Baxter

    Russ Baxter Guest

    Axel is the top Belgian in the race, in 29th place. And they say that
    French cycling is at a low point.

    Tags:

  2. > Axel is the top Belgian in the race, in 29th place. And they say that
    > French cycling is at a low point.

    What about Boonen, isn't he suppose to be the next Lance.....errr....Eddy??

  3. "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Axel is the top Belgian in the race, in 29th place. And they say that
    > > > French cycling is at a low point.

    > > What about Boonen, isn't he suppose to be the next

    Lance.....errr....Eddy??

    > The next Wallace. See picture halfway down page.
    >
    > http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/news/articles/6592.0.html

    Techno Trousers would have been handy on a day like today.

  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    [email protected] (Russ Baxter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Axel is the top Belgian in the race, in 29th place. And they say that
    > French cycling is at a low point.

    Yeah, but we don't focus on the Tour. Belgium is a nation of classics
    riders. Allways has been, btw.
    But you're right. Belgian cycling has lost a lot of quality since 5
    years ago. The national squad for the WC in Verona'99 was exceptional:
    Museeuw, Van Petegem, Tchmil, Vandenbroucke, Peeters, Wauters, Merckx,
    Mattan, Bruylandts. Probably the best team we had since the eighties.
    I wish we still had cyclists on that level. Although, we have a nice
    future with Boonen.

    Kenny (prediction: Noboby knows where he is, nobody knows what he is
    doing but Peter VP wins the olympic race in Athens)

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > The national squad for the WC in Verona'99 was exceptional:
    > Museeuw, Van Petegem, Tchmil, Vandenbroucke, Peeters, Wauters, Merckx,
    > Mattan, Bruylandts. Probably the best team we had since the eighties.

    Why do you think Bruylandts was so good?

  6. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Kenny wrote:
    > > The national squad for the WC in Verona'99 was exceptional:
    > > Museeuw, Van Petegem, Tchmil, Vandenbroucke, Peeters, Wauters, Merckx,
    > > Mattan, Bruylandts. Probably the best team we had since the eighties.

    > Why do you think Bruylandts was so good?

    Idd :) But it still stays a damn good team.

    I hope for Dave doesn't affect his relationship, cause loosing that
    girl is much worse then being suspended for 4 years:
    --> http://users.skynet.be/davebruylandts/fotos_lnk/fotos-quiz.html

    Kenny (how the hell did he get her?)

  7. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > I hope for Dave doesn't affect his relationship, cause loosing that
    > girl is much worse then being suspended for 4 years:

    Sometimes the fear of losing is more of a motivation to cheat than the
    desire for winning.

  8. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    K. J. Papai wrote:
    > THAT is one BIZARRE Web page.

    Are you prompting Ewoud to come up with a more bizarre one ?

  10. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  11. TM

    TM Guest

    "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message
    > > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]>...
    > > Why do you think Bruylandts was so good?
    > >
    > > Idd :) But it still stays a damn good team.
    > >
    > > I hope for Dave doesn't affect his relationship, cause loosing that
    > > girl is much worse then being suspended for 4 years:
    > > -->

    > http://users.skynet.be/davebruylandts/fotos_lnk/fotos-quiz.html
    >
    > THAT is one BIZARRE Web page.
    >
    > > Kenny (how the hell did he get her?)

    He won her in that game show. The guy with the wild hair came in second.
    (Well that's what it looks like to me)

  12. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Kenny) wrote:

    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Kenny wrote:
    > > > The national squad for the WC in Verona'99 was exceptional:
    > > > Museeuw, Van Petegem, Tchmil, Vandenbroucke, Peeters, Wauters, Merckx,
    > > > Mattan, Bruylandts. Probably the best team we had since the eighties.

    > > Why do you think Bruylandts was so good?

    > Idd :) But it still stays a damn good team.
    >
    > I hope for Dave doesn't affect his relationship, cause loosing that
    > girl is much worse then being suspended for 4 years:
    > --> http://users.skynet.be/davebruylandts/fotos_lnk/fotos-quiz.html
    >
    > Kenny (how the hell did he get her?)

    Better this couple:

    http://users.skynet.be/davebruylandts/fotos_lnk/fotos-quiz_fichiers/PICT7340
    ..JPG

    than this one:

    http://users.skynet.be/davebruylandts/fotos_lnk/fotos-quiz_fichiers/PICT7335
    ..JPG

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    So far, so good, so what?

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  13. Andre

    Andre Guest

    [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Russ Baxter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Axel is the top Belgian in the race, in 29th place. And they say that
    > > French cycling is at a low point.

    > Yeah, but we don't focus on the Tour. Belgium is a nation of classics
    > riders. Allways has been, btw.
    > But you're right. Belgian cycling has lost a lot of quality since 5
    > years ago. The national squad for the WC in Verona'99 was exceptional:
    > Museeuw, Van Petegem, Tchmil, Vandenbroucke, Peeters, Wauters, Merckx,
    > Mattan, Bruylandts. Probably the best team we had since the eighties.
    > I wish we still had cyclists on that level. Although, we have a nice
    > future with Boonen.
    >
    > Kenny (prediction: Noboby knows where he is, nobody knows what he is
    > doing but Peter VP wins the olympic race in Athens)

    I hope Kevin Van Impe is like his father. I think though more and more
    Belgians are choosing cross-country. They still dominate that. A few
    years ago we had Criquellion and Bruyneel who were not too bad in
    stage races, remember? But you're right, I don't see anyone besides
    Boonen coming up the ranks, unless there are some young riders that I
    haven't heard of. Verbrugghe has lost a lot it seems.

  14. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    [email protected] (Andre) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (Russ Baxter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Axel is the top Belgian in the race, in 29th place. And they say that
    > > > French cycling is at a low point.

    > > Yeah, but we don't focus on the Tour. Belgium is a nation of classics
    > > riders. Allways has been, btw.
    > > But you're right. Belgian cycling has lost a lot of quality since 5
    > > years ago. The national squad for the WC in Verona'99 was exceptional:
    > > Museeuw, Van Petegem, Tchmil, Vandenbroucke, Peeters, Wauters, Merckx,
    > > Mattan, Bruylandts. Probably the best team we had since the eighties.
    > > I wish we still had cyclists on that level. Although, we have a nice
    > > future with Boonen.
    > >
    > > Kenny (prediction: Noboby knows where he is, nobody knows what he is
    > > doing but Peter VP wins the olympic race in Athens)

    > I hope Kevin Van Impe is like his father.

    Luciens is Kevin's uncle

    > I think though more and more
    > Belgians are choosing cross-country. They still dominate that. A few
    > years ago we had Criquellion and Bruyneel who were not too bad in
    > stage races, remember? But you're right, I don't see anyone besides
    > Boonen coming up the ranks, unless there are some young riders that I
    > haven't heard of. Verbrugghe has lost a lot it seems.

    That's the point. We had a weaker generation (°1971-°1975) and
    somehow some guys saw potential Tour talent in them. I couldn't not
    believe why. These riders didn't have it. So we lost an entire
    generation,lost 5 years. The thing is, belgian riders are classics
    masters, it should stay that way (24 WC's since 1927). That's the
    field we used to be good at, not GT's (a few exceptions though). If
    there rises an incredible belgian tour talent, we will all notice it.
    But the base has to be classics en 1day races.

    Kenny