Merckx Carbon Frame

Coredvettes said:
Does anybody have any knowledge on Merckx's carbon AXM Frame?

Sure. I ordered one locally, and paid a deposit 7 months ago. Many excuses later, multiple non-responses from the Merckx web site and phone calls; frame was to arrive September.
No show...apparently frames recalled because of problem with carbon moulds.
Will take a 'few weeks' to fix.
Sooo, I bailed out altogether.
The frame looks great..I would be keen to know if anyone has actually taken delivery of one and ridden it.
personally, won't touch a Mercks product again.

Sensational frame, just got to know where to buy from. If you looking for one in the US check out R&A:

http://www.racycles.com/

They only sell what they have in stock, and everything is in stock. Speak to Phil, and ask for tax free :)

I've ordered one since 11mths back :eek: and met with the same excuses like what Rick faced.

It finally arrived over the weekend & going to pick up it up tomorrow. :D

Guess I was lucky because I received some response from my LBS and Merckx factory. In addition, I got it in the EICMA 2005 colours for '06 Series: http://www.togoparts.com/showroom/eurobike/resized-2005091310031959.jpg
(Carbon Blue)

Let's see how it builds up and will post up a pic for discussion.

Cheers,
Pat :)

PS: Its my 4th Merckx

very, very nice bike.

As an aside, I hear there are shortages of carbon fiber. Not exactly sure why, China is the excuse but I don't believe it. I have been seeing shortages at some at some of the companies I follow.

AussieRob said:
very, very nice bike.

As an aside, I hear there are shortages of carbon fiber. Not exactly sure why, China is the excuse but I don't believe it. I have been seeing shortages at some at some of the companies I follow.

Well Rob, China aside being the side story, credit went to the AirBus A380 for revolutionizing the way aircraft materials are being harnessed (pun intended for the carbon fibre those big birds suck up from our bike industries) :mad: .

Until more suppliers come into the foray,this trend should continue into the near future.

Now, since my 1 year old baby has finally stepped out of the mould, let's see what my team sponsor can build it into.

Pat

I liked the Merckx AXM all right until I threw my leg over an Orbea Orca. Despite the fact the that 54 was too small, and the 57 too big, the Orca had a sitffer BB, livelier road feel and gave the sense of a stronger connection to the road than the Merckx did. Like the Scott CR1, the Merckx made me want to say a Hail Mary or two before cornering hard, from the sensation that the bike wasn't really underneath me.