Merckx SC

The September issue of Procycling has a revue of the Merckx SC.

quote:
"The Merckx SC reminded me of a Subaru Impreza. Both have excellent handling that instills confidence, both are quite at home on rough terrain and both are chic as a cardboard box on wheels.
Every single component is straight off the shelf – the first bike we've tested without a single item of trick kit....I pondered this for some time, desperately trying to understand how a standard aluminium frame and carbon forks can justify a price of $2150.00."

Overall they liked the bike and the quality, just couldn't understand the price. Outfitted with all Campy Record 10 components, the price was just under $6000.00!

I replied to your first post, you do know there is more than one page of posts don't you? any way here is my reply from before

I have just purchased a Team SC ( 1 month ago ) It is a great bike that is everything you would expect of a high end euro bike. It is lightweight and holds a line into a corner really well. It makes you a better climber than you previously thought, in short I could not rate it highly enough. Bear in mind this is my 6th high end race bike so have ridden many and this is as good as any others if not better. As for durability issues well it would appear to be as durable as any frameset out there. It has won the paris roubaix and various other spring classics for the last few years so methinks it is probably durable enough! On a side note but valid nonetheless, the paintjob is out of this world! There are no stickers on the frame, it is all stencilled and airbrushed, quite amazing, get the Domo Team colours and drop em all.
As for it being heavy, mine weighs in at just under 8 kilograms, if that is heavy then I give up!
Last weekend I went in the grafton to inverell in australia which is 228kms and a challenging course to say the least. Fast eddie ( as the bike is now known) was just great, in the saddle for 8 hours and loved it. Eddie Merckx sure knows how to make a fast, lightweight race bike