Mercury battery disposal

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jeff, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?

    I just revived my long-dormant Avocet 45 cyclocomputer, it contained an old
    #675 mercury battery, the type no longer sold in the US.

    Tags:

  2. Russell

    Russell Guest

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?

    If I'm not mistaken, you can just take them to a Radio Shack.

    Russell

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Very good, thank you. I see on their web site, "Don't forget! Recycle used batteries at your local
    RadioShack!" And a link to the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation http://www.rbrc.org/
    1-800-822-8837

    "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I
    mail
    > > one somewhere?
    >
    > If I'm not mistaken, you can just take them to a Radio Shack.
    >
    > Russell

  4. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

  5. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    > >Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?

    I always bury them by the back fence where I dump the gasoline used in chain-cleaning.
    --
    Ron Hardin [email protected]

  6. lisated

    lisated Guest

    Ron Hardin <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > >Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?
    >
    > I always bury them by the back fence where I dump the gasoline used in chain-cleaning.
    >--
    > Ron Hardin [email protected]

    > On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

    Well, now WE know.

    --
    Ted Bennett Portland OR