Mercury battery disposal

Jeff

Guest
Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?

I just revived my long-dormant Avocet 45 cyclocomputer, it contained an old
#675 mercury battery, the type no longer sold in the US.

Very good, thank you. I see on their web site, "Don't forget! Recycle used batteries at your local
RadioShack!" And a link to the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation http://www.rbrc.org/
1-800-822-8837

"Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I
mail
> > one somewhere?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, you can just take them to a Radio Shack.
>
> Russell

> >Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?

I always bury them by the back fence where I dump the gasoline used in chain-cleaning.
--
Ron Hardin [email protected]

Ron Hardin <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >Anybody know about eco-friendly disposal of mercury batteries. Can I mail one somewhere?
>
> I always bury them by the back fence where I dump the gasoline used in chain-cleaning.
>--
> Ron Hardin [email protected]

> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

Well, now WE know.

--
Ted Bennett Portland OR