Merida Bikes?

"dukey81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey crew whats your opinion on Merida bikes as Tri bikes?

How fast are you? They would be fine unless you race in Elite. Make sure it fits you. Make sure it's
a nice colour ;-)

hippy "Tri-hard"

Originally posted by Hippy
"dukey81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey crew whats your opinion on Merida bikes as Tri bikes?

How fast are you? They would be fine unless you race in Elite. Make sure it fits you. Make sure it's
a nice colour ;-)

hippy "Tri-hard"

I avg about 40-45kph race at age group level looking to move up into ironman stuff. A friend can get me the new 2004 Carbon frame with full carbon fork, seat post, etc, full durace 10sp, zipp 404 tubular wheelset, top set of tri bars for around $7000 what do you think?

"dukey81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I avg about 40-45kph race at age group level looking to move up into ironman stuff. A friend can
> get me the new 2004 Carbon frame with full carbon fork, seat post, etc, full durace 10sp, zipp 404
> tubular wheelset, top set of tri bars for around $7000 what do you think?

Expensive, unless it REALLY suits you. See my other post.

hippy

Dukey...

go and look at the 2004 Scott CR1 Pro (Ultegra - $4900) and 2004 Giant TCR2 Composite (Ultegra -
$3600) and 2004 Giant TCR1 Composite (Dura Ace - $4180) bikes... nowhere near the price of the
Merida....

I had a ride of the TCR1 Composite when my bike was being worked on today, and it was beautiful...
Expensive, but a very nice ride... When the prices of Carbon bikes come down, I may consider...
Until then, I love my TCR2 running 105 :)