Merida cycles any good??

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hanne Hoelaas A, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. My trusty 15 y.o "cross" or hybrid is dead.

    I want a strong, large framed bike which will give me an upright straight backed riding position,
    which will handle a fire trail for bush camping (did Blackheath to Mittagong on the old one) but
    mostly on road weekend rambles/touring.

    In Orange the best I've been offered is the top of the range Merida (about $1500).

    Any comments on Merida- or alternative suggestions?

    Andy

    Tags:

  2. Rman

    Rman Guest

    "Hanne Hoelaas and Andy Mather" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My trusty 15 y.o "cross" or hybrid is dead.
    >
    > I want a strong, large framed bike which will give me an upright straight backed riding position,
    > which will handle a fire trail for bush camping
    (did
    > Blackheath to Mittagong on the old one) but mostly on road weekend rambles/touring.
    >
    > In Orange the best I've been offered is the top of the range Merida (about $1500).
    >
    > Any comments on Merida- or alternative suggestions?
    >
    > Andy

    Nothing wrong with Merida frames, they are quality made in Taiwan. I have two.

    RMan

  3. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Great Taiwanese made quality. I have one and would happily buy another one. Paint appears to be
    tougher and more scratch resistant than my other bikes.

    --

    "Hanne Hoelaas and Andy Mather" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My trusty 15 y.o "cross" or hybrid is dead.
    >
    > I want a strong, large framed bike which will give me an upright straight backed riding position,
    > which will handle a fire trail for bush camping
    (did
    > Blackheath to Mittagong on the old one) but mostly on road weekend rambles/touring.
    >
    > In Orange the best I've been offered is the top of the range Merida (about $1500).
    >
    > Any comments on Merida- or alternative suggestions?
    >
    > Andy

  4. Mica

    Mica Guest

    frame testing. http://www.efbe.de/etour109.htm

    "Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Great Taiwanese made quality. I have one and would happily buy another
    one.
    > Paint appears to be tougher and more scratch resistant than my other
    bikes.

    > --
    >
    > "Hanne Hoelaas and Andy Mather" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My trusty 15 y.o "cross" or hybrid is dead.
    > >
    > > I want a strong, large framed bike which will give me an upright
    straight
    > > backed riding position, which will handle a fire trail for bush camping
    > (did
    > > Blackheath to Mittagong on the old one) but mostly on road weekend rambles/touring.
    > >
    > > In Orange the best I've been offered is the top of the range Merida
    (about
    > > $1500).
    > >
    > > Any comments on Merida- or alternative suggestions?
    > >
    > > Andy

  5. Bronson137

    Bronson137 Guest

    Just bought one a month ago. Very happy with it. Smooth and comfortable to ride and great
    for cruising.