Merkins in France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Raptor, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Any news of harrassment by pissed-off French of American riders? I sure hope we two peoples can be
    nice enough to each other at least through the TdF.

    (Whether the French have a right to be pissed-off, or Americans for that matter, left for another
    newsgroup. Please.)

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  3. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Robert Chung"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm guessing that most French have no need of merkins, which I believe fell out of fashion in the
    > 16th Century or so. However, perhaps McEwen was using one in last year's TdF-- see this photo:
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2002/jul02/tdf/?id=stage18/FSmcewen

    White shorts are SUCH a bad idea. Well, except on some girls, but that would be different, right?
    (Wasn't that an LBJ-ism: "My fellow Merkins...")

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Read. Think. Type. Send.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?