mesh seat back ??s

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    What type thread and stitch do I need to use to sew up my mesh seat back and 1" webbing that will be
    sewn to the fabric? Material is same that RANS uses and came from poweron cycles. Does the fabric
    need to be folded over at the edges [like a pants cuff] ? Will a plain ole sewing machine work or
    should I hand stitch

    Tags:

  2. I am becoming an expert on Mesh Seats er what not to do making them. I (eventually) took my mesh
    into a shop and had them fold the edge over twice...2 inch, fold and 2 inch again and then double
    stitch it (like a pants hem). I also opted for 2 inch web over the 1 inch size. Lots of
    Elasticord used too.
    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What type thread and stitch do I need to use to sew up my mesh seat back and 1" webbing that will
    > be sewn to the fabric? Material is same that RANS uses and came from poweron cycles. Does the
    > fabric need to be folded over at the edges [like a pants cuff] ? Will a plain ole sewing machine
    > work or should I hand stitch

  3. I use a device called a 'Speedy Stitcher' sewing awl. Here is just one of the many places that sell
    it:- http://www.safetycentral.com/speedstithan.html

    You might want to shop around for the best price.

    I fold the material, then double it back, so that I am sewing through 4 layers of material and it
    works REALLY well.

    Lewis.

    http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

    news:<[email protected]>...