Met a hot chick on a ride just now. Scored a date!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by HoosierOLMO?, Jun 6, 2005.

1. HoosierOLMO?

HoosierOLMO? New Member

I was out on a 25 mile loop before work today and was on my way back because it looked like a storm was coming. I was about 4 miles from my house, taking a shortcut through a neighborhood, when a white SAAB convertible drives past me and stops at the stop sign about 40 yards ahead. No cars coming, but the SAAB waits anyway. I pull up next to the car and a the girl driving was hot! She starts up a conversation with me. I talk to her for a good 10-15 minutes about how her mom does a Spinning class at a local gym that she goes to now and then. She was 20 and a student at Penn State (I'm 20). Anyway, I ask her if she'd wanna go out sometime this weekend and she said "yeah definitely". I had my cell phone on me, as i always do when i ride, and got her number, and now I have a date Satuday night. Who would've thought...lol

Tags:

2. tfstrum

tfstrum New Member

Score one for bicycle shorts!

3. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

Nice work man!

4. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

OK well she must be decent if she likes cyclists AND she goes to Penn State ;)

In the US being a cyclist isn't necessarily a chick magnet (unless things have changed in the last couple of years). I mean outside of the occaisional whistle or wave from a car of girls I never got much attention from the ladies while riding, and certainly as bragging rights at the pub, I didn't have too many "oh wow you wear spandex and spend a lot of time on a bicycle...that is so hot take me home..." experiences either (well at least not because of cycling :cool:)

In other locations it is different... here in Brazil cycling is much more of a chick magnet though so it is probably cultural to some extent.

Congrats and hopefully it won't be a one time occurance.

5. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Wicked! Chalk up one for the cycling dudes!

Hmmm...methinks you are living the dream all us cyclists have held at one point or another...lol. :D

6. *Alice

*Alice New Member

yay you!:)

<rant>my bf just broke up with me. He was the one who got me into cycling and last x-mas, he gave me a bike that he built himself (using old parts from his previous bikes that he used in competitions). Now, i can't go bike riding without feeling depressed about our breakup. it really sucks. </rant>

7. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Trust me, most single male cyclists drool over a single female cyclist... I personally have tried to convert at least two serious girlfreinds to cycling, and had two that already were when we met (and that was a major attraction factor).

Rather than getting depressed when you ride, you should hunt down the local hammer ride and hunt for a new BF... that is if you don't mind the 20-1 male female ratio.

8. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Yup.....I agree. Nothing more attractive than a lady cyclist! Attracts us men cyclists like moths to a flame.

Enjoy the bike as a parting gift and get out there and ride!

9. TrekDedicated

TrekDedicated New Member

One of the more funnier things I have read. HAHAHA.

Nice job Hoosier

10. Orange Fish

Orange Fish New Member

yeah the female cyclists have it made because of that ratio! My local group ride is really really nice because we have more like a 6:1 ratio:D :D

it's funny to hear how guys will try to convert girlfriends into cyclists...i'm guilty of that for almost every single girl i dated. lol. none of them worked out, except for the current one (so far. lol. ;) ). i wonder why...

11. Orange Fish

Orange Fish New Member

if you're into attractive lady cyclists, check out the "hottest female rider" thread in the Soap Box discussion forum here. :)

12. jaguar75

jaguar75 New Member

I would definately say sell the bike, buy a new one and get out there and meet some new people and have fun. But don't go out there with the intent of meeting a new BF, go out with the intent of getting better on the bike and meeting people that will help you accomplish that goal and if that person happens to become a BF then cudos!!! :)

13. jaguar75

jaguar75 New Member

Dude, you definately have to let us know if you hit a home run or if you struck out...this will give the rest of us more incentive and hope that one day a hottie in a convertable will wait for us.... :D

14. grampy bone

grampy bone New Member

Better check that phone number she gave you. It might be the number for the local Wal-mart.;)

15. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Last summer, I had stopped at a crossroads near several horse farms. Perfect afternoon, mid 70's temperatures, just pulled a decent hill, so I parked the bike, stretched out in the grass, and just soaked up the good feelings from the post climb pump and the sun, and the wind blowing over me.

After about ten minutes of that, I heard a voice in the distance. Looked up, and an extremely attractive young lady, with long blond hair and blue eyes, had pulled her car to the side of the road and was asking me if I was alright. Just enjoying the moment, I replied, and that led to a discussion about my weird looking gold bike, bikes in general, how she was thinking about taking up cycling again, and it looked like we were just one step away from a cycling date... and then I had to remind myself that I had a wife and two daughters waiting at home, and why didn't this happen when I was single?

Like I said, just enjoying the moment...

16. concord

concord Member

What color shorts were you wearing at the time? :p

17. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

Also do not forget that we will require pics of the lady in question if things work out. Preferably in her cycling gear. :D