MET Stradivarius 2 helmet

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by dtm, Jan 24, 2007.

1. dtm

dtm New Member

Hi, I want a new helmet to replace my old Giro pneumo, I like the look of the MET stradavarius 2 helmet, but the sizing is leaving me a bit confused. I am a medium in a Giro 55-59, and its set about halfway on the fitting so I guess I am about a 57 cms head size. the MET sizing only has two fittings 51-57 medium or 58-61 large, what sizes to most people have of this helmet ? particularly people coming from a Giro ? the so called Medium sounds awful small to me, as I would certainly not describe my head as large ! quite the opposite really. So are there any sizing oddities with this helmet.
    I know I should be trying on, but they are not easy to find in my area and I would have to travel a considerable distance to find a retailer. That and the fact that all the best deals are online !
    Would love to hear some opinions

Tags:

2. bobbyOCR

bobbyOCR New Member

I suggest the large. It has quite a small fit for a large helmet. It is truly spectacular though compared to these bubble designs.

3. dtm

dtm New Member

I was begining to think that, I did actually try a Medium one on a while back in my local bike shop (which no longer exists) But unfortunately I wasnt paying much attention as I was looking for something else at the time, so i didnt give it my full concentration and certainly didnt make all the necessary adjustments etc. It did seem awful small for a medium size though. Perhaps they should just re-word their sizing to Small and Large.

Thanks