Metric Century

del

Guest
Hi All,
I have just finished my first metric ton in over a decade and the
longest I've been in the saddle since I restarted cycling, fairly,
regularly in Feb of this year.
Mr.GPS says:
4:12:29, 100.2K, 23.8kmh avg, 42.8kmh max and 3083 calories used.
It wasn't planned, few of my rides are, I just followed my wheel and
kept on spinning.
--
del :cool:

del wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have just finished my first metric ton in over a decade and the
> longest I've been in the saddle since I restarted cycling, fairly,
> regularly in Feb of this year.
> Mr.GPS says:
> 4:12:29, 100.2K, 23.8kmh avg, 42.8kmh max and 3083 calories used.
> It wasn't planned, few of my rides are, I just followed my wheel and
> kept on spinning.

Well done. A time that is by no means shabby. Perhaps we can interest
you in the following web page: <http://www.audax.uk.net>

--
Dave...

del wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have just finished my first metric ton in over a decade and the
> longest I've been in the saddle since I restarted cycling, fairly,
> regularly in Feb of this year.
> Mr.GPS says:
> 4:12:29, 100.2K, 23.8kmh avg, 42.8kmh max and 3083 calories used.
> It wasn't planned, few of my rides are, I just followed my wheel and
> kept on spinning.

Something to be proud of.

That sounds fun. I'm back in the saddle again, although I suspect I will be
told off for it.

On Friday 23 Jun 2006 15:09 dkahn400, wrote:

> Well done. A time that is by no means shabby. Perhaps we can interest
> you in the following web page: <http://www.audax.uk.net>

Funnily enough I was perusing that site just yesterday, but I don't
think it's my cup of tea.
--
del :cool:

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:47:51 +0100, del <$/$news/spam/[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Friday 23 Jun 2006 15:09 dkahn400, wrote:
>
>> Well done. A time that is by no means shabby. Perhaps we can interest
>> you in the following web page: <http://www.audax.uk.net>

>Funnily enough I was perusing that site just yesterday, but I don't
>think it's my cup of tea.

Once you start you will be addicted. In fact you will discover some
very nice cups of tea.

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:58:56 +0100, del <$/$news/spam/[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>I have just finished my first metric ton in over a decade and the
>longest I've been in the saddle since I restarted cycling, fairly,
>regularly in Feb of this year.
>Mr.GPS says:
>4:12:29, 100.2K, 23.8kmh avg, 42.8kmh max and 3083 calories used.
>It wasn't planned, few of my rides are, I just followed my wheel and
>kept on spinning.

Good show.
I started cycling again 5 years ago after a 25yr break of general
bodily abuse and remember building up the milestones bit by bit and
getting that sense of satisfaction every time, although now I think
I've hit my ceiling at about 200km in one sitting. Remember the first
time I did a 20 mile run I had to drive into the pub about 4 miles
from home and down 3 pints of Guinness out of sheer exhaustion and
desperation of not thinking I'd make it home !!

Garry

"del" <$/$news/spam/[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Friday 23 Jun 2006 15:09 dkahn400, wrote:
>
>> Well done. A time that is by no means shabby. Perhaps we can interest
>> you in the following web page: <http://www.audax.uk.net>

> Funnily enough I was perusing that site just yesterday, but I don't
> think it's my cup of tea.
> --

You'll never know unless you try it. I did my first 100k BP ride just over
a year ago. I've too done a further 13 this year plus a 160km and a 200km
ride. I love being out and about, largely in Yorkshire but have taken in
Lincs, Lancs, Notts and Derbys too.

If you find riding organised calendered events not to your taste, you can
always ride permanents where you can choose the day and time of the ride. Do
a little research and you just might find a ride to your taste.

I'm beginning to be recognised by the organisers and other riders and the
craic is good though there again, I'm difficult to forget ;-) It all adds
to the sociability of the cycling experience.

Your ride stats indicate that you don't hang about. I'm stretched to do
100km in 5 hrs.

Go on, give a 100km Audax a go...

del wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have just finished my first metric ton in over a decade and the
> longest I've been in the saddle since I restarted cycling, fairly,
> regularly in Feb of this year.
> Mr.GPS says:
> 4:12:29, 100.2K, 23.8kmh avg, 42.8kmh max and 3083 calories used.
> It wasn't planned, few of my rides are, I just followed my wheel and
> kept on spinning.

Yup me too. It's rare I have a clue where I'm going after I drop off my
son at school. I'm lucky to work from home and set my own schedule. Some
mornings I leave not really feeling like doing anything and think I'll
just do 10-15 miles, as it's better than no exercise at all, and then
come home. After I've done the first five I'm usually warmed-up, have a
hugh grin on my face and head off into the distance. I always think
that if I get too bored or tired I'll come back on the train. It never
happens!

Julesh

Ian Blake <NoNotMe@NotAnywhere>typed

> >Funnily enough I was perusing that site just yesterday, but I don't
> >think it's my cup of tea.

> Once you start you will be addicted. In fact you will discover some
> very nice cups of tea.

and baked beans...

Seriously, Audax is a great day/weekend out for minimal expense. You can
be as sociable as you like and ride at a pace that suits you.

Nobody obliges you to stop for them, if you are feeling aloof.

I loved the cameraderie...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.