Mexican oregano

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Here:
> >> General Description
> >> Mediterranean Oregano is the dried leaf of Origanum vulgare L., a
> >> perennial
> >> herb in the mint family. Mexican Oregano is the dried leaf of one of
> >> several
> >> plants of the Lippia genus. Geographical Sources
> >> Oregano is grown in California and New Mexico, as well as the
> >> Mediterranean
> >> region.

> > <snipped rest>
> >
> > Excellent!!!
> >
> > Now see, was that any more effort than posting a sarcasm????? :)
> >
> > Good boy! <pats dougie on head>
> > --
> > Om.

> Effort's not the point, Ms. Om. This is a matter of someone choosing to be
> helpless and not learn. I guess I'm not surprised, considering how learning
> is a lost art for at least one or two younger generations.

Hon' it's not really their fault!

Mommy and Daddy both work now in most families, leaving the kids to fend
for themselves! Home Ec' and cooking need to be taught in school since
the parents don't have time anymore.

There are a few families that still take the time to teach their kids,
but many are too tired, and opt for convenience foods.

Same goes for personal care. The **** I see come into the ER that could
have been solved at home with a little "education" in first aid is
UN-frickin-believable! I almost never get infected wounds. I did not
even go to the ER for a couple of rather serious knife cuts. But, mom
and dad taught me how to take care of myself. Lots of people are not so
lucky.

It's too sad........

I think the fact that they actually POSTED here, looking for help, is a
good sign! They are trying to learn!

At least consider helping them to help themselves.

They want to learn, they just don't know how!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On 20 Jan 2006 08:40:27 -0800, "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why, a big spoonful of chocolate in a pot of chili is an excellent
>addition.. you can omit the oregano and not miss it, but once chili is
>tried with chocolate it will be sorely missed every time. You've just
>never made/eaten any real chili... that canned **** your mommy feeds
>you ain't.

I've been meaning to try that for quite some time. Thanks for the
reminder.

And while I agree with your sentiments about Doug, I'm not sure I'd
have worded them *quite* that way.

Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:12:22 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Who pulled your tampon string???

> Gotta remember that one. LOL!
>
> Carol

;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:46:27 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Try "Mole' sauce" instead for the use of chocolate in mexican foods.

What? You don't want plastic surgery websites with before and after
photos of mole removals? No cute little underground critters? You
take the fun out of everything! *****. ;o)

Carol

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:08:56 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Effort's not the point, Ms. Om. This is a matter of someone choosing to be
>helpless and not learn. I guess I'm not surprised, considering how learning
>is a lost art for at least one or two younger generations.

Asking questions is a prelude to learning.

Carol

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:13:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It reminds me of the person who, about 3 months ago, asked, "Can you make
>>lasagna at home? How?"

> Perfectly valid question if you've grown up eating Chef Boy-R-Dee
> "lasagna" from a can, the frozen Stouffer's stuff, or ordering it in
> restaurants.
>
> Why are you being so nasty?
>
> Carol

It's exactly how my biology teacher was with us in the late 1960s. She was
the first subject of discussion at various high school reunions, and
although she was a woman to be feared, she is remembered with enormous
respect because she would've never let us get away with intellectual
laziness. The lasagna question reeks of such laziness.

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On 20 Jan 2006 08:40:27 -0800, "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Why, a big spoonful of chocolate in a pot of chili is an excellent
>>addition.. you can omit the oregano and not miss it, but once chili is
>>tried with chocolate it will be sorely missed every time. You've just
>>never made/eaten any real chili... that canned **** your mommy feeds
>>you ain't.

> I've been meaning to try that for quite some time. Thanks for the
> reminder.
>
> And while I agree with your sentiments about Doug, I'm not sure I'd
> have worded them *quite* that way.
>
> Carol

Sheldon is a literary genius, isn't he?

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Dougie Kanter wrote:
>>
>> Effort's not the point, Ms. Om. This is a matter of someone choosing to
>> be
>> helpless and not learn.

> Subscibing to and participating in a Newsgroup IS a quest for
> knowledge... Mr. Know It All, Know-Nothing. And LEARN to trim your
> posts, you NEWBIE.

What's the newbie thing? Nothing else to rant about, so you're inventing
things now?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> At least consider helping them to help themselves.

Sometimes I do. You know that. But, I live with a 16 year old kid who, when
faced with some problems, usually says "No...wait....don't tell me. Let me
see if I can figure it out". I have an enormous amount of respect for that
quality.

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:08:56 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Effort's not the point, Ms. Om. This is a matter of someone choosing to be
>>helpless and not learn. I guess I'm not surprised, considering how
>>learning
>>is a lost art for at least one or two younger generations.

> Asking questions is a prelude to learning.
>
> Carol

Earlier, someone mentioned a question they'd seen here, in which someone
asked whether fenugreek & fennel were interchangable. I say that person was
a lazy slob for not opening a dictionary first. What you do you think about
that example?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:52:50 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Are you familiar with Myers-Briggs or Kiersey-Bates personality tests?
>> Someone with an "S" in their profile truly needs very specific
>> information. If you have an "N" in your profile, you're likely to use
>> the recipe as a general guideline and go from there. There really is
>> a difference in the way people deal with the world around them. And
>> no one way is right.
>>
>> ~The End~

>OK. Fine! :)

Thank you for endorsing my observation. Very gentlemanly of you. <G>

>I took that test once - I think it came out all Z's.

ROFLMAO!

Carol, INFP

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:46:30 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:13:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>It reminds me of the person who, about 3 months ago, asked, "Can you make
>>>lasagna at home? How?"

>> Perfectly valid question if you've grown up eating Chef Boy-R-Dee
>> "lasagna" from a can, the frozen Stouffer's stuff, or ordering it in
>> restaurants.
>>
>> Why are you being so nasty?

>It's exactly how my biology teacher was with us in the late 1960s. She was
>the first subject of discussion at various high school reunions, and
>although she was a woman to be feared, she is remembered with enormous
>respect because she would've never let us get away with intellectual
>laziness. The lasagna question reeks of such laziness.

Well, this ain't the '60s, and this ain't no biology class. Get with
the program! ;o)

Carol

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:47:27 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:eek:[email protected]...
>> On 20 Jan 2006 08:40:27 -0800, "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Why, a big spoonful of chocolate in a pot of chili is an excellent
>>>addition.. you can omit the oregano and not miss it, but once chili is
>>>tried with chocolate it will be sorely missed every time. You've just
>>>never made/eaten any real chili... that canned **** your mommy feeds
>>>you ain't.

>> I've been meaning to try that for quite some time. Thanks for the
>> reminder.
>>
>> And while I agree with your sentiments about Doug, I'm not sure I'd
>> have worded them *quite* that way.

>Sheldon is a literary genius, isn't he?

As are you, if you scroll back a few posts. You're both poets in your
own special ways.

Carol

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:51:55 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Earlier, someone mentioned a question they'd seen here, in which someone
>asked whether fenugreek & fennel were interchangable. I say that person was
>a lazy slob for not opening a dictionary first. What you do you think about
>that example?

Hey! That was me! You're being mean again!

Carol

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:46:30 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Perfectly valid question if you've grown up eating Chef Boy-R-Dee
>>> "lasagna" from a can, the frozen Stouffer's stuff, or ordering it in
>>> restaurants.
>>>
>>> Why are you being so nasty?

>>It's exactly how my biology teacher was with us in the late 1960s. She was
>>the first subject of discussion at various high school reunions, and
>>although she was a woman to be feared, she is remembered with enormous
>>respect because she would've never let us get away with intellectual
>>laziness. The lasagna question reeks of such laziness.

> Well, this ain't the '60s, and this ain't no biology class. Get with
> the program! ;o)
>
> Carol

It *should* be the 60s. Have you seen what teachers let kids get away with
nowadays? It's like the schools are running little social clubs, not
educational institutions.

I'm eatin' mexican... oregano... i'm eatin'... mexicaaaaan...
woooo!ooooooooh! oregano

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:47:27 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:eek:[email protected]...

>>> I've been meaning to try that for quite some time. Thanks for the
>>> reminder.
>>>
>>> And while I agree with your sentiments about Doug, I'm not sure I'd
>>> have worded them *quite* that way.

>>Sheldon is a literary genius, isn't he?

> As are you, if you scroll back a few posts. You're both poets in your
> own special ways.
>
> Carol

Well, thank you, ma'am!

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:09:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It *should* be the 60s. Have you seen what teachers let kids get away with
>nowadays? It's like the schools are running little social clubs, not
>educational institutions.

No idea. My kidlette is 27.

Carol

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:09:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It *should* be the 60s. Have you seen what teachers let kids get away with
>>nowadays? It's like the schools are running little social clubs, not
>>educational institutions.

> No idea. My kidlette is 27.
>
> Carol

Does your kidlette run to the web if she wants skim milk in her cereal, but
there's only 1% milk in the house?

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:51:55 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Earlier, someone mentioned a question they'd seen here, in which someone
>>asked whether fenugreek & fennel were interchangable. I say that person
>>was
>>a lazy slob for not opening a dictionary first. What you do you think
>>about
>>that example?

> Hey! That was me! You're being mean again!
>
> Carol

No way that was you.