Mexican oregano

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you don't want to type out an essay, how much effort and time does it
> take to post a google link?

Exactly. But you DON'T just say "my God, what an idiotic
question - go away and don't bother me with such absurdities!"
in any case.

Bob M.

"Roberta" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > ..and ignore anything that turns up with respect to a small
> > undergroud-dwelling rodent...:)
> >
> > Bob M.
> >

> Yes - I can see how a rodent in the chili would be a bad thing LOL

That, of course, would depend on the chili in question. I've
tasted a few batches I really doubt that it would hurt, and might
even help....:)

Bob M.

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > ..and ignore anything that turns up with respect to a small
> > undergroud-dwelling rodent...:)
> >
> > Bob M.
> >

> <lol>
> That's why the apostrophe.......

I actually went and tried it, once you pointed this out - Google
doesn't seem to speak apostrophes.

Bob M.

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:56:45 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> My mom was that way. I'd ask how to spell something, and she'd direct
> >> me to the dictionary. In my very early teens, I requested an
> >> unabridged dictionary for Christmas. I was a weird kid.
> >>
> >> Carol, who hasn't changed much over the years

> >Sounds like you were a smart kid......

> No, just well indoctrinated by Mom.
>
> >How many cookbooks do you own? :-D

> Lots. Most have never been, and will never be, opened. I've been
> giving some of them as gifts, since they're virtually brand new.
>
> I pretty much stick with good ol' Betty Crocker. However, the South
> Beach diet book and cookbook (2 separate voumes) are wonderful, and
> I'll be using those as my primary sources of recipes. Even if you're
> not doing the diet, the recipes look quite good.
>
> Carol

Mom's favorite cookbook was Betty Crocker...
Her cookbook has a lot of her hand-written recipes and "corrections" to
the published ones <G>

Funny, it was the one item that she cared the most about when she was
dying, and wanted to make sure that it got to one of us girls.

I need to take her hand written recipes out of it and burn them to a
couple of disk archives. My sister will end up with the actual book
since she has kids and I don't.

She will get all the "heirlooms" since she has someone to pass them on
to.

I'm ok with that. :)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > There is no need to paint everyone with the same brush luv...
>> > --
>> > Om.

>> What do you think was going through that person's head??? Both spices
>> begin
>> with "fen", so they're related? Sure. They both come from plants.
>>

> I was talking about the Oregano dude dude!
>
> I've not seen the OP pop back in.
> Wonder if we scared them off? ;-)
>
> This was a pretty intense thread!
> --
> Om.

Nothing wrong with intense. "Better to burn out than to fade away", as Neil
Young sang.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>And then, there's www.bobbyflay.com.

If I had to choose between watching Bobby or Sanda, I'd choose Sandra
in a heartbeat.

>You think I'm arrogant sometimes?
>Sheeeeeeeit...... :)

I hadn't picked up on that, but come to think of it...

Carol

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:34:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> This was a pretty intense thread!

First, I have to say ... Om, if you don't start trimming your posts,
I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. You know my name, so it's
okay for me to say that. <EG>

>Nothing wrong with intense. "Better to burn out than to fade away", as Neil
>Young sang.

And no one is cursing anymore. You know I have very delicate
sensibilites. Asshole. ;o)

Carol

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:34:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> This was a pretty intense thread!

> First, I have to say ... Om, if you don't start trimming your posts,
> I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. You know my name, so it's
> okay for me to say that. <EG>
>
>>Nothing wrong with intense. "Better to burn out than to fade away", as
>>Neil
>>Young sang.

> And no one is cursing anymore. You know I have very delicate
> sensibilites. Asshole. ;o)
>
> Carol

Trimming is nice, but you can get to the end of any post (and most
documents, web pages, etc) using CTRL-END. No page down nonsense.

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:04:58 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >This was a pretty intense thread!

> I dunno, I'm having a great time!
>
> Carol

Me too... but I'm not so sure about a newbie. ;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:51:27 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Narrow it down. Search at www.starchefs.com or other cooking sites.

> > See? I never knew that that site existed. Doesn't make me lazy.
> >
> > Carol

> And then, there's www.bobbyflay.com. You think I'm arrogant sometimes?
> Sheeeeeeeit...... :)

You're not arrogant, you're just a *****. <VBG!>

Join the club....... ;-D
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> What do you think was going through that person's head??? Both spices
> >> begin
> >> with "fen", so they're related? Sure. They both come from plants.
> >>

> > I was talking about the Oregano dude dude!
> >
> > I've not seen the OP pop back in.
> > Wonder if we scared them off? ;-)
> >
> > This was a pretty intense thread!
> > --
> > Om.

> Nothing wrong with intense. "Better to burn out than to fade away", as Neil
> Young sang.

Get 'em to develop that usenet dragon hide quickly eh?
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:44:41 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Trimming is nice, but you can get to the end of any post (and most
>documents, web pages, etc) using CTRL-END. No page down nonsense.

Cool! I hadn't ever noticed the END key. Seriously. I wonder what
Power, Sleep, and Wake do? Not a real question.

Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:34:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> This was a pretty intense thread!

> First, I have to say ... Om, if you don't start trimming your posts,
> I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. You know my name, so it's
> okay for me to say that. <EG>
>
> >Nothing wrong with intense. "Better to burn out than to fade away", as Neil
> >Young sang.

> And no one is cursing anymore. You know I have very delicate
> sensibilites. Asshole. ;o)
>
> Carol

I'M SORRY!!!

I get involved and just forget!

I DO remember... sometimes. ;-)

I'll try harder, just keep reminding me when I slip up?
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > See? I never knew that that site existed. Doesn't make me lazy.
>> >
>> > Carol

>> And then, there's www.bobbyflay.com. You think I'm arrogant sometimes?
>> Sheeeeeeeit...... :)

> You're not arrogant, you're just a *****. <VBG!>

Yes, but I never lie and I'm always right.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:50:03 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> First, I have to say ... Om, if you don't start trimming your posts,
>> I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. You know my name, so it's
>> okay for me to say that. <EG>

>I'M SORRY!!!

Apology accepted. <G>

>I get involved and just forget!
>
>I DO remember... sometimes. ;-)
>
>I'll try harder, just keep reminding me when I slip up?

ROFLMAO!!! Yeah, I'll just say, "Trim your posts, *****!" Yeah, that
should work just fine.

Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > You're not arrogant, you're just a *****. <VBG!>

> Yes, but I never lie and I'm always right.

Damn.

You sure you're not female???
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:56:50 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> > You're not arrogant, you're just a *****. <VBG!>

>> Yes, but I never lie and I'm always right.

>Damn.
>
>You sure you're not female???

That was some mighty fine trimming, young lady!

Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:50:03 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> First, I have to say ... Om, if you don't start trimming your posts,
> >> I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. You know my name, so it's
> >> okay for me to say that. <EG>

> >I'M SORRY!!!

> Apology accepted. <G>
>
> >I get involved and just forget!
> >
> >I DO remember... sometimes. ;-)
> >
> >I'll try harder, just keep reminding me when I slip up?

> ROFLMAO!!! Yeah, I'll just say, "Trim your posts, *****!" Yeah, that
> should work just fine.
>
> Carol

For awhile anyway... ;-)

Damn, I've got to get some sleep!

I get up at 8 pm to work the night shift......

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:44:41 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Trimming is nice, but you can get to the end of any post (and most
>>documents, web pages, etc) using CTRL-END. No page down nonsense.

> Cool! I hadn't ever noticed the END key. Seriously. I wonder what
> Power, Sleep, and Wake do? Not a real question.
>
> Carol

Wow. Now, try CTRL-HOME. Hold onto your chair.