Micardis effective over 80mg?

Chuckmsrd

Guest
Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy beyond
80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with improved
control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct but that gave
me side effects. Any experience with this?

Chuck

ChuckMSRD wrote:

> Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
> studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy
> beyond 80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with
> improved control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct
> but that gave me side effects. Any experience with this?
>
> Chuck

The maximum recommended dose approved by the FDA is 80 mg.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

[email protected] (ChuckMSRD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
> studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy
> beyond 80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with
> improved control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct
> but that gave me side effects. Any experience with this?
>
> Chuck

I just upped my doae of Micardis HCT from 80mg/12.5mg once
per day to 80mg/12.5mg plus 300 mg of labetalol every 6
hours. BP is now about
128/80 on average. I was at 140/80 with brusts occuring to
170/100. The extra Micardis seems to have gotten rid of
the bursts. It takes Micardis about 30 days to build up
full effect, so I expect to pull back on the labetalol.
t went through the wringer of tests at the Cleveland
Clinic and they found no renal hypertension or
pheochromocytoma.

[email protected] (bbesler) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (ChuckMSRD) wrote in message news:<20040316113920.25073.00001471@mb-
> m07.aol.com>...
> > Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
> > studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy
> > beyond 80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with
> > improved control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct
> > but that gave me side effects. Any experience with this?
> >
> > Chuck
>
> I just upped my doae of Micardis HCT from 80mg/12.5mg once
> per day to 80mg/12.5mg plus 300 mg of labetalol every 6
> hours. BP is now about
> 128/80 on average. I was at 140/80 with brusts occuring to
> 170/100. The extra Micardis seems to have gotten rid
> of the bursts. It takes Micardis about 30 days to
> build up full effect, so I expect to pull back on the
> labetalol. t went through the wringer of tests at the
> Cleveland Clinic and they found no renal hypertension
> or pheochromocytoma.

I meant to say Micardis HCT 80mg/12.5mg twice per day with
300 mg labetalol every 6 hr.