Micardis effective over 80mg?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Chuckmsrd, Mar 17, 2004.

  1. Chuckmsrd

    Chuckmsrd Guest

    Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
    studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy beyond
    80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with improved
    control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct but that gave
    me side effects. Any experience with this?

    Chuck

    Tags:

  2. ChuckMSRD wrote:

    > Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
    > studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy
    > beyond 80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with
    > improved control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct
    > but that gave me side effects. Any experience with this?
    >
    > Chuck

    The maximum recommended dose approved by the FDA is 80 mg.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. Bbesler

    Bbesler Guest

    [email protected] (ChuckMSRD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
    > studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy
    > beyond 80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with
    > improved control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct
    > but that gave me side effects. Any experience with this?
    >
    > Chuck

    I just upped my doae of Micardis HCT from 80mg/12.5mg once
    per day to 80mg/12.5mg plus 300 mg of labetalol every 6
    hours. BP is now about
    128/80 on average. I was at 140/80 with brusts occuring to
    170/100. The extra Micardis seems to have gotten rid of
    the bursts. It takes Micardis about 30 days to build up
    full effect, so I expect to pull back on the labetalol.
    t went through the wringer of tests at the Cleveland
    Clinic and they found no renal hypertension or
    pheochromocytoma.

  4. Bbesler

    Bbesler Guest

    [email protected] (bbesler) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (ChuckMSRD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > m07.aol.com>...
    > > Im a bit confused on this topic. My GP says he has read
    > > studies showing that Micardis has no further efficacy
    > > beyond 80mg. Cardiologist says you can go up to 160 with
    > > improved control. Sales rep told me to try Mic plus Hct
    > > but that gave me side effects. Any experience with this?
    > >
    > > Chuck
    >
    > I just upped my doae of Micardis HCT from 80mg/12.5mg once
    > per day to 80mg/12.5mg plus 300 mg of labetalol every 6
    > hours. BP is now about
    > 128/80 on average. I was at 140/80 with brusts occuring to
    > 170/100. The extra Micardis seems to have gotten rid
    > of the bursts. It takes Micardis about 30 days to
    > build up full effect, so I expect to pull back on the
    > labetalol. t went through the wringer of tests at the
    > Cleveland Clinic and they found no renal hypertension
    > or pheochromocytoma.

    I meant to say Micardis HCT 80mg/12.5mg twice per day with
    300 mg labetalol every 6 hr.