Michael Jackson

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
R.I.P.

His latter career was clouded in controversy with allegations about child abuse etc.

But his music - especially in the early years was superb.

He was certainly a freak and I hold no personal ill will toward him but I wouldn't have left a small child in his care either.
The media will beat the story into small pieces of unbearable **** before it is over which will probably leave me with a negative memory of MJ.
Let me the first to say that I suspect he died from PED abuse and I say that to uphold the spirit of this forum.

I echo your sentiments, Lim.

Only in death will MJ now have peace. In life, everyone wanted a piece of him in order to make a buck - and I say that includes the scam artists and their allegations of child molestation. An incredibly talented, but also incredibly tormented (inside and outside sources) individual who will be forever misunderstood.

Now watch the sharks circle the blood in the water looking to make a fast buck off his death. There will be, at least, 9 million television shows, DVDs, books, etc. telling his life story. Ironically, the producers of which couldn't have cared less about him while he was living.

I for one will miss his music and I'm proud to admit that. Unfortunately MJ had become the butt of a multitude of nasty and cruel jokes in our pop culture (admittedly he has given comics a mountain of material for their jokes), but there's no denying he could out-entertain any performer alive today IMO.

RIP MJ. The world is a less interesting place with you now gone.

It's ironic but if reports are right and he did died on a heart attack induced by drugs, he will have died in much the same way as his father in law.
(except he's about 20 stone lighter than Elvis).

His dancing and choreography were the stuff of genius, as iconic and "immortal" as Fred Astaire's.

tonyzackery said:
... In life, everyone wanted a piece of him in order to make a buck - and I say that includes the scam artists and their allegations of child molestation.
Oh for **** sake. It's this type of mentality that allows people to believe that Lance won the tour clean. Look, if you can't get through life without acting out your sexual fantasies on little kids and thus destroying their lives, then nothing else you do matters.

The guy was little more than a sideshow. And for the record, I never liked his music. I just thought it was pop disco ****. Wow, the guy could really dance. Who cares. He was a child molester.

I love Rev. Al Sharpton, but seriously, the black leadership of America should reconsider embracing a black man who wanted to be anything but. He distained himself.

helmutRoole2 said:
Oh for **** sake. It's this type of mentality that allows people to believe that Lance won the tour clean. Look, if you can't get through life without acting out your sexual fantasies on little kids and thus destroying their lives, then nothing else you do matters.

The guy was little more than a sideshow. And for the record, I never liked his music. I just thought it was pop disco ****. Wow, the guy could really dance. Who cares. He was a child molester.

I love Rev. Al Sharpton, but seriously, the black leadership of America should reconsider embracing a black man who wanted to be anything but. He distained himself.
You're entitled to your opinion; and it's quite obvious from where it's coming:rolleyes:. I'll take the high road here and agree to disagree with everything you've said.

p.s. Anonomous internet snipers have ZERO credibility. Grow a pair and take personal responsibility for your comments. It's your type of mentality that allows people to say things in obscurity that they would NEVER say once identified. Come on, take the sheet off your head...show everyone how really tough you are.

helmutRoole2 said:

hear, hear!

the man was a moon-walking freak show without gary glitter's criminal convictions and his music quite frankly is forgettable. had it not been for the record company which then represented him threatening to pull every one of their videos from mtv, he would never have made mtv's rotation on his own merits.

Helmetrule is right about one thing: this discussion is a lot like doping "discussions" in that there are turds bubbling to the top that think they've got the "real" scoop on someone. Just as there are dickwads that think they know what's what about Armstrong, there are dickwads that think they know what's what about Jackson.

I was never a fan, but the guy had massive numbers of fans worldwide, and that's something an MTV conspiracy theory can explain. He sold a shitload of albums, and like or not he had a massive influence on performers that followed after him. He wasn't convicted of anything, but I guess that innocent until proven guilty thing isn't understood well for some Texans.

He definitely was an enigma, but being enigmatic doesn't necessarily make him a freak or anything else. As I doubt anyone here has interacted with the guy on a personal basis, no one has the experience to comment, with any intelligence whatsoever, on his personal life.

alienator said:
Helmetrule is right about one thing: this discussion is a lot like doping "discussions" in that there are turds bubbling to the top that think they've got the "real" scoop on someone. Just as there are dickwads that think they know what's what about Armstrong, there are dickwads that think they know what's what about Jackson.

I was never a fan, but the guy had massive numbers of fans worldwide, and that's something an MTV conspiracy theory can explain. He sold a shitload of albums, and like or not he had a massive influence on performers that followed after him. He wasn't convicted of anything, but I guess that innocent until proven guilty thing isn't understood well for some Texans.

He definitely was an enigma, but being enigmatic doesn't necessarily make him a freak or anything else. As I doubt anyone here has interacted with the guy on a personal basis, no one has the experience to comment, with any intelligence whatsoever, on his personal life.

Well put. There are two kinds of mistakes that are often made about people, and they are mirror images. The first is idolizing a person only because he or she is very good at something. The second is the refusal to accept that a person is very good at something because of other, less admirable, qualities.

I'll take the bait - this stuff is always fun:D :

Lessee, according to our resident "expert" on anything and everything if you have an opinion about someone (I'll even stretch that to include some thing) that differs from his highness you're hereby classified as a "dickwad". The King ******** has knighted princes, how royal is that...

Everyone on this forum - now hear this: if you express your opinion on some thing or someone without firsthand and personal knowledge (and it conflicts, of course), you are hereby knighted a "dickwad" by King **** himself - but of course, he never shares his opinions with us plebians.

MJ, may you rest in peace.

alienator said:
He definitely was an enigma, but being enigmatic doesn't necessarily make him a freak or anything else.

quite correct on being enigmatic not making someone a freak. then again, having a back yard giraffe, gadding about with a chimpanzee named "bubbles" and publicly wondering what is wrong with sharing your bed with a stream of young boys certainly does.

Yes, these electronic fistfights are always fun, but in this case there doesn't seem to be any disagreement of substance. Jackson was an extremely talented entertainer, he was a world-class wack job, and the probability needle points to him being a pedophile, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.

What did I just say wrong?

Bet somewhere along the line he took HGH

His latter career was clouded in controversy with allegations about child abuse etc.

But his music - especially in the early years was superb.[/QUOTE]

Although I did not get into pop music, I still have to respect MJ as an artist and entertainer. The way that his personal problems and alleged transgressions were handled by the media was enough to drive anyone off the deep end. I am sorry that he has passed away because every time I turn on the radio or TV now, I have to suffer through another one of his songs or videos.

jhuskey said:
He was certainly a freak and I hold no personal ill will toward him but I wouldn't have left a small child in his care either.
The media will beat the story into small pieces of unbearable **** before it is over which will probably leave me with a negative memory of MJ.
yeah, it's unfortunate that his life descended into a tabloid sideshow, justified or not.

But prior to all that, his 3 album run of Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad is just ****ing ridiculous.
Let me the first to say that I suspect he died from PED abuse and I say that to uphold the spirit of this forum.
LOL

Pendejo said:
Yes, these electronic fistfights are always fun, but in this case there doesn't seem to be any disagreement of substance. Jackson was an extremely talented entertainer, he was a world-class wack job, and the probability needle points to him being a pedophile, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.

What did I just say wrong?
Nothing, from where I'm sitting.

Still, as a person getting hammered by all the Jackson tributes on the radio, the one saving grace to hearing all of it is that, for the most part, it's pretty f'in good, if not great. "I Want You Back" is one of the 5 greatest pop songs ever performed, IMO.

Now that doesn't mean I think his later, uh, "issues", slide under the carpet, but musically he was rare.

Due to the fact that Michael Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change.

What do Michael Jackson and the guy who placed 2nd in the New York Marathon have in common? They both came in a little behind.