Michael Moore - fat, useless, pillock!

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
So I watched Bowling for Columbine and THOUGHT Michael Moore was a fat, useless, untalented, misdirected, overly controversial, spotlight hugging pratt.

I vowed never to watch Fahrenheit 9-11. Alas it was on TV while I was eating dinner last night.

Now I KNOW Michael Moore was a fat, useless, untalented, misdirected, overly controversial, spotlight hugging pratt.

King of the misquoted, out of context, vague emotional attachment, put words in your mouth and various other media stunts he accuses everyone else of.

Michael - you're a **** - please kill yourself. In a way that's faster than your current "get me a heart attack - I live on MacDonalds" style if at all possible.

Jerk.

...did you buy a television that gets only one channel or did the manufacturer forget to include a power switch?...

Eldron said:
So I watched Bowling for Columbine and THOUGHT Michael Moore was a fat, useless, untalented, misdirected, overly controversial, spotlight hugging pratt.

I vowed never to watch Fahrenheit 9-11. Alas it was on TV while I was eating dinner last night.

Now I KNOW Michael Moore was a fat, useless, untalented, misdirected, overly controversial, spotlight hugging pratt.

King of the misquoted, out of context, vague emotional attachment, put words in your mouth and various other media stunts he accuses everyone else of.

Michael - you're a **** - please kill yourself. In a way that's faster than your current "get me a heart attack - I live on MacDonalds" style if at all possible.

Jerk.
Ditto

...and might i add that you are making an accurate description of rush limbaugh, save for the fact that he's a tool of the right wing media bosses...

slovakguy said:
...and might i add that you are making an accurate description of rush limbaugh, save for the fact that he's a tool of the right wing media bosses...
How about that! Both the lefties and righties have assholes amounst them.

The greatest thing about Michael Moore was when he was in his home state of Michigan and he was railing on about Bush sending jobs over seas....... Michigan......land of the American automobile. Yet Michael Moore did not drive American cars.

Eldron said:

Jerk.
Here's my favorite M. Moore cameo:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/91555/peter_griffin_and_michael_moore/

"Roger and Me" was a pretty good documentry. Moore's problem is that his first success gave him a big ego and now he is too heavy handed. "Roger and Me" did things right by using juxtoposition to show the falseness of statements or to make light of the situation. When you have good material you don't have to inject yourself into it. and you don't have to manipulate by exclusion.

Starting with "The Big One" he decided that he was more interesting than the material he was ostensibly covering. It's been downhill since then.

The funniest Moore story I heard was when TV Nation was tanking he had to lay off some people. One of them got a video recorder and started following him around, doing a "Michael and Me" documentry. Moore was not amused and got a restraining order or something--I forget exactly.

I wasn't able to find the meaning of "Pillock" and "Pratt" in any conventional Dictionaries, but some Web search brought up a dictionary of "English(one might say British Commonwealth) Slang". I heartily agree with your assessment of him. By the way "****" I knew, so even before my research, and given the context of the undefined terms, I knew that we were both on the same page!

yep - typical american;) - this is unfair, I know - but while i occasionally agree with MM's points - he is tooo annoying to put up with for any length of time.

Moore has a big responsibility for anti-american propaganda here in Europe. Everyone would recommend you Bowling and Fahrenheit...yes he really is useless! The biggest shame for his country. I would recommend him to move and get a Canadian citizenship or something...

Its nice to find other people who feel the same as me on a forum. In my ignorance I suspected that the majority of peope here on a cycling forum would be liberals and leftists.

I agree with the left on a few issues but I dont agree with them on everything. Thats why I vote Libertarian.

wolfix said:
The greatest thing about Michael Moore was when he was in his home state of Michigan and he was railing on about Bush sending jobs over seas....... Michigan......land of the American automobile. Yet Michael Moore did not drive American cars.
I don't think you can hold that against him. Why would anyone drive an Detroit car? The Hondas and Toyotas built in the South are more American than the Big Three's cars built in Mexico.

Virenque said:
Yes, but if you buy Honda or Toyota you increase Japan`s GDP, not American..:rolleyes:
The American workers that build Japanese cars in the U.S. add to the U.S.' GDP.

As far as profits go, both are public companies and you can buy their stock (in the form of ADRs) just like you can buy GM or Ford.

Bro Deal said:
I don't think you can hold that against him. Why would anyone drive an Detroit car? The Hondas and Toyotas built in the South are more American than the Big Three's cars built in Mexico.
Michael Moore's webite was done by Canadians. He complains about US jobs going overseas and he sends them oversees.

He is nothing but a hypocrite. His bodyguards carry handguns but he rallies against ownership of handguns for people like me. I am just a normal person and I own a few firearms. I cant afford bodyguards or proffessional securtity to protect me so I have to take it upon myself. Hence the reasons why I own firearms.

I just hate hypocrisy in all its forms.

Eldron said:

Jerk.
Eldron, me old buddy...Moore has a lot of people cussin and hot headed....i like that. He makes people swear, i like that. He makes the fat middle classes uncomfortable...i like that even more...

MountainPro said:
Eldron, me old buddy...Moore has a lot of people cussin and hot headed....i like that. He makes people swear, i like that. He makes the fat middle classes uncomfortable...i like that even more...
MM does not make the middle class American's even sweat. The only people here in America that even know who he is are basically the young and the people who follow politics closely.
The middle class is what drives a country. The poor are a drain upon it's resources and the weathy use far more then it should.
Someone needs to tell Detroit that buying a Toyota or a Honda is good for America. You drank the kool-aid if you believe that.
The town I grew up in was a union town. It was very prosperous. The union jobs were replaced by other types of jobs. Jobs so bad we had to import labor from other countries. This town is now a shithole.

wolfix said:
Someone needs to tell Detroit that buying a Toyota or a Honda is good for America. You drank the kool-aid if you believe that.
The town I grew up in was a union town. It was very prosperous. The union jobs were replaced by other types of jobs. Jobs so bad we had to import labor from other countries. This town is now a shithole.
The unions screwed themselves with their greed at the expense of their employers' long term survival. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that forcing companies to pay people to sit on their asses in the job banks will put them at a competitive disadvantage. Detroit has been getting its ass kicked by the Japanese for more than thirty years now, and in all that time the Big Three have not learned a damned thing. They still build gas guzzling crapmobiles and treat their customers like suckers. Their build quality has tarred the reputation of all American manufacturers. The day GM or Ford files for Chapter 11 will be a good day; it will serve as a shining example of how not to run a company.

While the Big Three close their plants in America, the Japanese, Koreans, and even the Germans have been opening their own. You would think there would be someone--anyone--in Detroit who could look at the trends and come to the conclusion that those furriners might be on to something. As it is, it looks like the American auto industry is destined to follow Britain's.

Moore is just a politician at heart that is too fat and ugly to get elected to an office.
He is making his millions the best way he knows how. I do appreciate the fact that he has not run for an office and that I am not his neighbor.
There,I said two good things about him.
If it were not for his film career he would have to move to Nigeria and award people lottery winnings over the internet.
A true entrepreneur.