Michael Rasmussen to sue Rabobank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have the sneaky suspicion that he has spent the last five months piecing together a credible, though slightly fabricated story. Though Rabobank are going to be embarassed if he can show they knew he was in Italy. However if it is the case that they knew, why didn't he bring that up at the time of the TdF? It would have been obvious.

This can't be good for Rabobank's sponsorship, no matter what the outcome..

Crankyfeet said:
I just have the sneaky suspicion that he has spent the last five months piecing together a credible, though slightly fabricated story. Though Rabobank are going to be embarassed if he can show they knew he was in Italy. However if it is the case that they knew, why didn't he bring that up at the time of the TdF? It would have been obvious.

This can't be good for Rabobank's sponsorship, no matter what the outcome.
Rasmussen was clearly frustrated, and feel stolen by Rabo so he want a revenge. He has probably the opportunity to bring to light the doping within rabo teams.

Crankyfeet said:

This can't be good for Rabobank's sponsorship, no matter what the outcome.

Isn't the fact that Ras lied to the UCI sufficient for being sacked no matter what he told the team? As I read the story, the riders not the teams are responsible for giving information on their whereabouts to the UCI. So Ras lied to the UCI telling them he was in Mexico. Whether Ras told the same lie to the team, a different lie, or the truth is of little relevance. Should the teams know what their riders communicate to the UCI? Ras actually seems to make the case that they shouldn't, which doesn't help his case. He might have a case if he could show that he lied to the UCI on order or with knowledge of his team. But that's not what he's saying, is it?

Cobblestones said:
Isn't the fact that Ras lied to the UCI sufficient for being sacked no matter what he told the team? As I read the story, the riders not the teams are responsible for giving information on their whereabouts to the UCI. So Ras lied to the UCI telling them he was in Mexico. Whether Ras told the same lie to the team, a different lie, or the truth is of little relevance. Should the teams know what their riders communicate to the UCI? Ras actually seems to make the case that they shouldn't, which doesn't help his case. He might have a case if he could show that he lied to the UCI on order or with knowledge of his team. But that's not what he's saying, is it?
The team received a letter from the UCI about the case at the end of June. So before the Tour they already knew that he lied to the UCI (it was an official warning).

cyclingheroes said:
No but you could read the verdict... If there is going to be one...:cool:

I HOPE MICHAEL SUES RABOS ASS, THAT SETTLEMENT IS GOING TO BE WORTH A COUPLE OF BUCKS, GOOD FOR HIM I HOPE HE WINS.

I have never seen his contract so can't make a commnet on value of his case.
Filing a lawsuit is easy.

SCOKER said:
I HOPE MICHAEL SUES RABOS ASS, THAT SETTLEMENT IS GOING TO BE WORTH A COUPLE OF BUCKS, GOOD FOR HIM I HOPE HE WINS.
Thanks SCOKER those comments were very informative.... we need more of your insights on this forum......

Regardless who is right or wrong Rass will never ride again for any team anywhere in the world so he might as well bring the entire show down with him....... he's lied before so he can lie again..... its what he's good at....

whiteboytrash said:
Thanks SCOKER those comments were very informative.... we need more of your insights on this forum......

Regardless who is right or wrong Rass will never ride again for any team anywhere in the world so he might as well bring the entire show down with him....... he's lied before so he can lie again..... its what he's good at....

The question is did he lied to rabobank, hard to imagine they would not know where he was... and i think i speak for all the rasmussens supporters i hope he takes rabo to the cleaners..

cyclingheroes said:
The team received a letter from the UCI about the case at the end of June. So before the Tour they already knew that he lied to the UCI (it was an official warning).

Thanks for the reply. This implies that Rabobank or the teams in general are not 'in the loop' about what the riders communicate to the UCI concerning their whereabouts. So, for the lawsuit, Rabobank's defense could be: 'We learned that Ras lied to the UCI end of June, we discussed this matter for a few weeks and fired him as a result of our thorough deliberations.' It might be hard to poke a hole in that.

SCOKER said:
The question is did he lied to rabobank, hard to imagine they would not know where he was... and i think i speak for all the rasmussens supporters i hope he takes rabo to the cleaners..
Why is it so hard to imagine?

Cobblestones said:
Thanks for the reply. This implies that Rabobank or the teams in general are not 'in the loop' about what the riders communicate to the UCI concerning their whereabouts. So, for the lawsuit, Rabobank's defense could be: 'We learned that Ras lied to the UCI end of June, we discussed this matter for a few weeks and fired him as a result of our thorough deliberations.' It might be hard to poke a hole in that.
According to Rasmussen there are e-mails from Breukink that proof that at least Breukink knew he wasn't in Mexico.

Anyway... I think Rasmussen and Rabobank will settle...

cyclingheroes said:
According to Rasmussen there are e-mails from Breukink that proof that at least Breukink knew he wasn't in Mexico.

Any chance to get a copy of the legal pleading as filed? I would love to read the theory of liability.

cyclingheroes said:

I hope so, poor guy wont be hired again and I dont think he can live only by his
co-owned bike store in the lake.. by the way here is the link to his bike store, you can buy a yellow t-shirt for 20 euros to support him..tragic ending to a great climber.

www.loslocosbikeshop.com

jhuskey said:
Any chance to get a copy of the legal pleading as filed? I would love to read the theory of liability.
It will take some time... but I think it will be possible.

cyclingheroes said:

Of course they will settle, that's the whole point of the lawsuit. Rasmussen knows enough to get Rabobank in trouble and he knows that he can't win, so he threatens to expose other things and they give him a settlement which ends up being a golden parachute.

SCOKER said:
I hope so, poor guy wont be hired again and I dont think he can live only by his
co-owned bike store in the lake.. by the way here is the link to his bike store, you can buy a yellow t-shirt for 20 euros to support him..tragic ending to a great climber.
Thanks, but I prefer send him some shoes boxes with the special stuff that he likes!
I am a little surprise that people can support cheaters, liars and thieves...

Status
Not open for further replies.