Michael Rogers

coneofsilence

Jul 26, 2006
Anyone got any news on how he is going? Is he over his virus? Has he still got his goals set on the Tour and the Olympics?
I haven't been able to find anything on him.

There was something the other day on cyclingnews or cyclingweekly or in the paper IIRC. He's training again. My recollection is vague but I think he is riding the Dauphine and expecting a flogging.

classic1 said:
There was something the other day on cyclingnews or cyclingweekly or in the paper IIRC. He's training again. My recollection is vague but I think he is riding the Dauphine and expecting a flogging.

Just did Catalunya - got a pasting - finished 90th or so.

Think he did okay on one mountain-ish stage but was autobus for the rest of it.

Should have spent more time at the beach - he'd be top pick for the Tour, then.

Runitout said:
Just did Catalunya - got a pasting - finished 90th or so.

Think he did okay on one mountain-ish stage but was autobus for the rest of it.

Should have spent more time at the beach - he'd be top pick for the Tour, then.
don't worry, Rogers used to go to Ferrari's "beach".

He just had a case of mono, will be hard pressed to recover for the Tour at 100%.

thunder said:
don't worry, Rogers used to go to Ferrari's "beach".

He just had a case of mono, will be hard pressed to recover for the Tour at 100%.
btw, that was prior to me having new information. From a very very good source. Not cyclingheroes either, a better one :D

Thunder's ****... :D

thunder said:
Rogers is on the outer at High Road, and with Columbia on board, doubly so.

Why?

Stapleton, the owner/manager sacked him late last year after the news got out on the car to Freiburg in 2006 with all the TMob riders getting their blood transfusions.

Rogers then threatened legal action. Stapleton remitted. Because he did not have evidence, and any controversy brought down on him could kill the team.

So, Rogers has been out of favour since, he was never gonna ride the perfect program. He may well have Epstein Barr/mononeucleosis/glandular fever whatever it is, but it could be spin.

Anyone on this board will tell you, his 11th in the Dauphine is evidence he could bring his form to near peak, in time for the crucial stages at the Tour if he had to, and was not still ill, or have a recurrence.

So, Stapleton fears the controversy.

Note in the Fairfax and News Ltd press, that Rogers has said he is available for an Australian Protour team. Obviously getting on the front foot, being proactive, probably told Bannan, and Gennie Sheer gets it into the press.

So, best mates Mick Rogers and Alby Davis have lived by the sword, and fallen by the sword. Careers are in limbo cos they fell foul of the doping violations, in one way, or another. Nothing official, just the backroom real politik, screwed them.