Michael's Status?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wayne Boatwrigh, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?

    I had originally emailed Sarah and received two updates from her around the 14th regarding Michael's
    surgery. Apparently I am now on her shit list, as she complained that I had not written her again
    nor defended her when she was criticized. I hadn't even read the posts discussing the criticism.

    In any event, I subsequently emailed her twice apologizing for "whatever" she perceived I had done,
    and requesting an update. So far, no answer.

    I would really appreciate receiving an update from someone if you wouldn't mind taking the time
    to send it.

    TIA

    Wayne

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    > news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?

    Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who does
    get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?

    nancy

  3. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >
    >>I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    >>news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?
    >

    > Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    > does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?
    >
    > nancy

    I suggested that she create a mailing list and send updates out regularly but I guess that's not
    gonna happen. I agree with the "nag" feeling. I feel like they've got enough goin' on without
    getting bombarded with mail requests for updates.

    I do think some folks on the group came down awfully hard on her though.

    --
    Steve

  4. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article [email protected], Steve Calvin
    at [email protected] wrote on 12/21/03 2:11 PM:

    > Nancy Young wrote:
    >
    >> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >>
    >>> I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    >>> news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?
    >>

    >> Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    >> does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?
    >>
    >> nancy
    >
    > I suggested that she create a mailing list and send updates out regularly but I guess that's not
    > gonna happen. I agree with the "nag" feeling. I feel like they've got enough goin' on without
    > getting bombarded with mail requests for updates.
    >
    > I do think some folks on the group came down awfully hard on her though.

    Some did, yes. but when constructive suggestions were offered, she took that personally, too.

    I only suggested the website so it would make it easier for her to disseminate the information,
    without getting "nagged".

    I figure no news is good news at this point. If anything terrible were to happen (Ptui, ptui, heaven
    forbid!) we'll surely hear about it.

  5. Someone on the group was kind enough to email a status on Michael as of the 20th. It was private and
    I don't want to repost it here or name names, but I can say that things certainly seem to be on the
    upswing for Michael. Perhaps all our prayers are being answered.

    Wayne

  6. J.J.

    J.J. Guest

    Hark! I heard [email protected] say:
    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > > I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    > > news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?

    > Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    > does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?

    I'd be willing to do that, if it's acceptable to Sarah. I already have a list of people who e-mailed
    me for Michael's address...

    --
    j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

  7. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:38:56 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Someone on the group was kind enough to email a status on Michael as of the 20th. It was private
    >and I don't want to repost it here or name names, but I can say that things certainly seem to be on
    >the upswing for Michael. Perhaps all our prayers are being answered.

    Thanks for the update. This is the *first* actual news those of us not properly vetted have had.
    Please pass along to someone who's authorized to pass along to someone who can deliver "get well
    soon" sentiments.

  8. J.J.

    J.J. Guest

    Hark! I heard Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]>
    say:

    > Someone on the group was kind enough to email a status on Michael as of the 20th. It was private
    > and I don't want to repost it here or name names, but I can say that things certainly seem to be
    > on the upswing for Michael. Perhaps all our prayers are being answered.

    Thanks for the news, Wayne! Whooohooo!!

    --
    j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

  9. Z Girl

    Z Girl Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Someone on the group was kind enough to email a status on Michael as of
    the
    > 20th. It was private and I don't want to repost it here or name names,
    but
    > I can say that things certainly seem to be on the upswing for Michael. Perhaps all our prayers are
    > being answered.
    >
    > Wayne

    I don't need the details, that is good enough for me. I am soooooo glad to hear it. Is there any
    chance he will be home for Christmas?

    peace, Barbara

  10. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Steve Calvin wrote:

    > Nancy Young wrote:

    > > Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    > > does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?

    > I suggested that she create a mailing list and send updates out regularly but I guess that's not
    > gonna happen. I agree with the "nag" feeling. I feel like they've got enough goin' on without
    > getting bombarded with mail requests for updates.
    >
    > I do think some folks on the group came down awfully hard on her though.

    I feel that I missed something. All that I saw was everyone asking for information about Dog3 ...
    whatever I missed, just as well. Well, I did see the hoax post, but I didn't see any website or
    didn't bother looking at it, whatever. Doesn't change the fact that he is on my mind.

    I did get the latest update and I'm happy.

    nancy

  11. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:11:03 GMT, Steve Calvin <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I do think some folks on the group came down awfully hard on her though.

    After reading the last thread (and disregarding Sheldon's comments), she's not exactly the kind of
    person I'd ask for anything.

    -sw

  12. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article [email protected], Z GIRL at

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Someone on the group was kind enough to email a status on Michael as of
    > the
    >> 20th. It was private and I don't want to repost it here or name names,
    > but
    >> I can say that things certainly seem to be on the upswing for Michael. Perhaps all our prayers
    >> are being answered.
    >>
    >> Wayne
    >>

    > I don't need the details, that is good enough for me. I am soooooo glad to hear it. Is there any
    > chance he will be home for Christmas?
    >

    > peace, Barbara

    Yeah, I'm with you Barbara. Just give me the bottom line. Getting better or getting worse?

    Getting better is definitely what I wanted to hear!!!!

    Thanks for the update, Wayne.

    Sheryl

  13. J.J.

    J.J. Guest

    Hark! I heard [email protected] (j.j.) say:
    > Hark! I heard [email protected] say:
    > > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >
    > > > I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most
    > > > recent news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?
    >
    > > Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    > > does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?
    >
    > I'd be willing to do that, if it's acceptable to Sarah. I already have a list of people who e-
    > mailed me for Michael's address...

    Actually, I'll have to take this back -- in thinking about it, I wouldn't be a good choice because
    sometimes I'm not online for days. I'd hate to miss passing on some important news, especially to
    those of you who're lucky enough to know Michael personally... :-(

    --
    j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

  14. "Z GIRL" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Someone on the group was kind enough to email a status on Michael as of
    > the
    >> 20th. It was private and I don't want to repost it here or name names,
    > but
    >> I can say that things certainly seem to be on the upswing for Michael. Perhaps all our prayers
    >> are being answered.
    >>
    >> Wayne
    >>

    > I don't need the details, that is good enough for me. I am soooooo glad to hear it. Is there any
    > chance he will be home for Christmas?

    From the information I was sent, I think not for Christmas, but probably for New Years. That's great
    news in my book!

    Wayne

  15. Puester

    Puester Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > >
    > > I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    > > news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?
    >
    > Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    > does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?
    >
    > nancy

    If so, please put me on the list, also.

    gloria p

  16. Puester <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Nancy Young wrote:
    >>
    >> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most
    >> > recent news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?
    >>
    >> Ditto. I feel like a nag asking all the time, how's Michael, how's Michael. Perhaps someone who
    >> does get updates could create a list of interested people and forward them to us?
    >>
    >> nancy
    >

    > If so, please put me on the list, also.
    >
    > gloria p

    I would be happy to, except that I don't know if I will be updated on a regular basis.

    Wayne

  17. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Sheryl Rosen wrote:

    >>I do think some folks on the group came down awfully hard on her though.
    >

    > Some did, yes. but when constructive suggestions were offered, she took that personally, too.
    >
    > I only suggested the website so it would make it easier for her to disseminate the information,
    > without getting "nagged".
    >
    > I figure no news is good news at this point. If anything terrible were to happen (Ptui, ptui,
    > heaven forbid!) we'll surely hear about it.

    That wasn't a shot at anyone in particular. I really don't wanna re-hash the whole thing. It's easy
    to take something in a was that was unintended on the net. No voice inflections make it tough.

    --
    Steve

  18. j.j. wrote:

    > Hark! I heard [email protected] (PENMART01) say:
    > > (j.j.) writes:
    >
    > > >Actually, I'll have to take this back -- in thinking about it, I wouldn't be a good choice
    > > >because sometimes I'm not online for days. I'd hate to miss passing on some important news,
    > > >especially to those of you who're lucky enough to know Michael personally... :-(
    > >
    > > Oh, stop it already... you're gushing tainted honey...
    >
    > Ouch, sounds like a medical problem...

    Lol....

    --
    Best Greg ;-)

  19. Kajikit

    Kajikit Guest

    Wayne Boatwright saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told
    us all about it on Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:59:43 GMT:

    >I hate to bring this subject up again, however, is there anyone who has received the most recent
    >news of Michael who would be willing to email a copy to me?
    >
    >I had originally emailed Sarah and received two updates from her around the 14th regarding
    >Michael's surgery. Apparently I am now on her shit list, as she complained that I had not written
    >her again nor defended her when she was criticized. I hadn't even read the posts discussing the
    >criticism.
    >
    >In any event, I subsequently emailed her twice apologizing for "whatever" she perceived I had done,
    >and requesting an update. So far, no answer.
    >
    >I would really appreciate receiving an update from someone if you wouldn't mind taking the time
    >to send it.

    I don't think there have been any more updates. I asked Sarah for a report and got the post-surgery
    one but that's it... I don't want to nag her to find out what's going on - she's under stress and
    has enough going on in her life without worrying about other people she doesn't even know... if
    there IS a 'list' for distributing information I'd like to be on it please.

    ~Karen AKA Kajikit

    Nobody outstubborns a cat...

    Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: