Miche Cassettes--any good??

John M

Jun 21, 2005
Campagnolo afficionados--have any of you tried the Miche cassettes? I am beginning to see them available more in the US and a bit cheaper than Veloce. Any input on their quality/performance would be appreciated. Thanks.

John M said:
Campagnolo afficionados--have any of you tried the Miche cassettes? I am beginning to see them available more in the US and a bit cheaper than Veloce. Any input on their quality/performance would be appreciated. Thanks.
If its anything to go by, miche supports a couple of road cycling teams in italy. Their track components are quite good and have used them with very good reliability - hubs with fixed gear and crank.

John M said:

We've got a Miche 9sp hub/cassette on one of the training bikes (all the others are genuine Campag). There's a slight problem with indexing (get it right in the top two gears and the lower range suffers, and vice versa), but it was a secondhand setup and I think the lockring has been overtightened at some point, squashing the spacers (or, of course, it might have Shimano-spec spacers in it!). Otherwise no problem, it's a reasonable quality bit of kit.