Miche Primato track crank & BB

Will

Guest
Hi:

I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato track crank. Anyone know of a
quality substitute with the same square taper (110 mm length)?

Thanks, Will

"In virtute sunt multi ascensus." - Cicero

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:12:05 -0400, "Will" wrote:

>I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato track crank. Anyone know of a
>quality substitute with the same square taper (110 mm length)?

For starters, be aware that Miche's website indicates that the current version of their track crank
will normally be partnered with a 107 mm spindle with ISO tapers. There may be others, but
Specialites T.A. offers a crankbearing with those spec's.

-------------------------------
http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida 305-273-4440 Now in our
twentieth year. Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
-------------------------------

John:

The information on the screen you saw is incorrect. I have the BB and it is marked 110 and my
chainline is correct. In addition, if you click on "Crank Set Form" the crankset diagrams indicate
the spindle length to be 110 mm.

Will

"John Dacey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "In virtute sunt multi ascensus." - Cicero
>
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:12:05 -0400, "Will" wrote:
>
> >I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato
track
> >crank. Anyone know of a quality substitute with the same square taper
(110
> >mm length)?
>
> For starters, be aware that Miche's website indicates that the current version of their track
> crank will normally be partnered with a 107 mm spindle with ISO tapers. There may be others, but
> Specialites T.A. offers a crankbearing with those spec's.
>
> -------------------------------
> http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida 305-273-4440 Now in our
> twentieth year. Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
> -------------------------------

Craig:

The Campy Chorus BB is listed as having a 102 mm spindle. You need 110 mm.

Will

"Craig Brozefsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Will" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato
track
> > crank. Anyone know of a quality substitute with the same square taper
(110
> > mm length)?
>
> My LBS which handles alot of track racers and messengers, installed a Campy Chorus square taper BB
> with my Miche cranks. He suggested this over the Miche BB I got with the group, and gave me a good
> deal on swapping the BBs (and the seatpost too).
>

> --
> Sincerely, Craig Brozefsky <[email protected]> No war! No racist scapegoating! No attacks on
> civil liberties! Chicago Coalition Against War & Racism: www.chicagoantiwar.org Peace and Justice
> Teach-In, May 31st www.chicagoteachin.org

"Bonitas non est pessimis esse meliorem". - L. Annaeus Seneca

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:27:14 -0400, "Will" wrote:

>John:
>
>The information on the screen you saw is incorrect. I have the BB and it is marked 110 and my
>chainline is correct. In addition, if you click on "Crank Set Form" the crankset diagrams indicate
>the spindle length to be 110 mm.

The table to which you refer shows that the resulting chainline when used with a 110 mm spindle to
be 43.5 mm - somewhat wide by common track standards. By extension, if you used the 107 mm option,
the chainline would be 42 mm, rather more in keeping with the numbers archived here:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com./gloss_ca-m.html#chainline or
http://www.businesscycles.com/tr-refspec.htm#chainline

Nonetheless, if your particular application benefits from having a
43.5 mm chainline, Phil Wood offers a crankbearing model called the BRS-10 (110.5 spindle, ISO
tapers). It should provide the "upgrade" your original post sought while keeping the chainline
essentially as you have now.

>"John Dacey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "In virtute sunt multi ascensus." - Cicero
>>
>> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:12:05 -0400, "Will" wrote:
>>
>> >I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato
>track
>> >crank. Anyone know of a quality substitute with the same square taper
>(110
>> >mm length)?
>>
>> For starters, be aware that Miche's website indicates that the current version of their track
>> crank will normally be partnered with a 107 mm spindle with ISO tapers. There may be others, but
>> Specialites T.A. offers a crankbearing with those spec's.

-------------------------------
http://www.businesscycles.com John Dacey Business Cycles, Miami, Florida 305-273-4440 Now in our
twentieth year. Our catalog of track equipment: seventh year online
-------------------------------

Will asks-<< I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato track crank.
Anyone know of a quality substitute with the same square taper (110 mm length)? >><BR><BR>

Phil Wood...

"Will" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi:
>
> I am looking to replace the cheap bottom bracket on my Miche Primato track crank. Anyone know of a
> quality substitute with the same square taper (110 mm length)?

Stronglight JP400 with alloy cups? Roughly mid-range Campag quality, and not too pricey. Tread
carefully when buying, though - because the JP400 is made to suit a multitude of cranks, some
lengths are made in both JIS and ISO taper, so make sure you choose the right one!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York