michelin axial carbon

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by ALAN OBRIEN, Mar 22, 2004.

1. ALAN OBRIEN

ALAN OBRIEN New Member

hi guys,
    anyone got an opinion on the michelin axial carbon? are they any good, what are they more suited for, racing or training? thanks in advance, alan.

Tags:

2. serenaslu

serenaslu New Member

I have used them as an everyday/training tire for a period of time. (BTW Michelin has now just calls them Carbon no axial, but they are the same tire). A bit heavier than an all out racer, but more than worth the weight difference IMO for the durability. Treadwear has been great and while not bulletproof, have had much better puncture-free time. No more or less complaint on grip than other tires. I initially got them to replace some shredded Vreds because of a great sale price of around $19.00, but found them to be worth the going rate.

3. ccdriver

ccdriver New Member

I have also used them, they are a good tire the only thing I did not like about them they are very slippery in the wet. They are a good summer tire that seems to last. I am now using Continental G.P 4 season and at this time they are my favorit tire.

4. quantum

quantum New Member

I ran the Axial Pros in the past. I felt like they were a good tire in terms of ride quality. But they were prone to flats more that some other tires. They seem to get sliced more easily than most. I switched to Conti GP3000s and have gotten much better results.

5. Cipher

Cipher New Member

I rode a pair of the Carbon pro last summer, and aside from a cut in the side wall from some crap on the road, (My guess is this would have happened to any higher end tire) I experienced no other problems. (If I find a deal on them, I certainly would get them again).

6. dhk

dhk New Member

That's been my experience as well....much better luck with the GP's than any of the Michelin slicks. Agree they seem to ride a bit better, but I can't seem to keep them on the bike without cuts.

7. ALAN OBRIEN

ALAN OBRIEN New Member

thanks for all the advice guys.