Michelin Carbon Tires

Roy Zipris

Guest
I know that this is subjective, and I know that I have no data, and I
know that I might just be imagining things. Nonetheless... what do
people think of Michelin Carbon Comp tires?

I've been riding Avocet FasGrip 700x25 folding tires but my LBS has
been pushing me to try the Michelins, so I recently put one on the
front when I needed to replace a tire. I don't like it: it feels heavy
(the difference between the listed weights of the two tires is actually
pretty insignificant) and feels like a harsher ride, although I inflate
the Michelin to 105 psi and the Avocets at about 110.

Whether it's in the tire or in my head (or other parts of my anatomy),
something feels different. Acknowledging the anecdotal, subjective,
non-scientific nature of my experience, I would like to know what
reactions other riders have had to the Michelins.

Thanks, and regards to all, Roy Zipris

mrbubl

Guest
Roy Zipris wrote:
> I know that this is subjective, and I know that I have no data, and I
> know that I might just be imagining things. Nonetheless... what do
> people think of Michelin Carbon Comp tires?
>
> I've been riding Avocet FasGrip 700x25 folding tires but my LBS has
> been pushing me to try the Michelins, so I recently put one on the
> front when I needed to replace a tire. I don't like it: it feels heavy
> (the difference between the listed weights of the two tires is actually
> pretty insignificant) and feels like a harsher ride, although I inflate
> the Michelin to 105 psi and the Avocets at about 110.
>
> Whether it's in the tire or in my head (or other parts of my anatomy),
> something feels different. Acknowledging the anecdotal, subjective,
> non-scientific nature of my experience, I would like to know what
> reactions other riders have had to the Michelins.
>
> Thanks, and regards to all, Roy Zipris

rode them on three different bikes for years and they are great although
theuy are a little w i d e for the size. I think the 25 were actually
about a 29. great tire for the money. Danny Donnely sells them via RB
marketplace at a reduced rate too. )[email protected]