Michelin Dynamic?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Garth Vader, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. Garth Vader

    Garth Vader Guest

    Hello.

    I was looking at the Michelin Dynamic tire in 700x32. I have a Miyata
    hybrid bike that I use for commuting to work. It's mostly on pavement, with
    a bit of packed gravel path. The OEM tires were 700x35, so I think I should
    be able to fit the 32 on the bike? I had been using 700x38. I'm thinking a
    narrower tire might be better, and the Dynamic's tread is pretty slick. Is
    this a good tire?

    Tags:

  2. maxo

    maxo Guest

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 07:30:18 -0500, Garth Vader wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I was looking at the Michelin Dynamic tire in 700x32. I have a Miyata
    > hybrid bike that I use for commuting to work. It's mostly on pavement,
    > with a bit of packed gravel path. The OEM tires were 700x35, so I think I
    > should be able to fit the 32 on the bike? I had been using 700x38. I'm
    > thinking a narrower tire might be better, and the Dynamic's tread is
    > pretty slick. Is this a good tire?

    I've used other inexpensive Michelin tires in that width and have been
    extremely satisfied with them, particularly the Idylis (no longer made).
    Haven't used the Dynamic--but if it's a similar compound to what I used,
    they should be quite durable, cut resistant, and have a good ride.

    They will fit fine on those rims. Give us a report back on how they feel.

    :D

  3. Garth Vader

    Garth Vader Guest

    > I've used other inexpensive Michelin tires in that width and have been
    > extremely satisfied with them, particularly the Idylis (no longer made).
    > Haven't used the Dynamic--but if it's a similar compound to what I used,
    > they should be quite durable, cut resistant, and have a good ride.
    >
    > They will fit fine on those rims. Give us a report back on how they feel.
    >
    > :D

    I ordered a set of the Dynamic last night at a local store. They should
    be in by next weekend. I'll let you know.