Michelin Ironman vs Pro Race

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by aeek, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    Is there any functional difference between these tires?

    Googling hasn't told me. The cardboard wrapper is identical so perhaps not.
    I wanted 23s. ideally red, which is why I ended up with the iron mans.
    Triathelete tyres, hiss. Now that prorace comes in red (sidewall too) these shall be my last.

    Tags:

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    aeek wrote:
    > Is there any functional difference between these tires?
    >
    > Googling hasn't told me. The cardboard wrapper is identical so perhaps
    > not.
    > I wanted 23s. ideally red, which is why I ended up with the iron mans.
    > Triathelete tyres, hiss. Now that prorace comes in red (sidewall too)
    > these shall be my last.

    The 'Ironman' are just red ProRace. I've nearly always used the Ironman
    version because it suits my frame paint. I've now got some of the 'more
    red than red' ProRace. I guess they realised that it wasn't just iron
    people that wanted fast, red tyres.. :)

    hippy

  3. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    and you can eat matching snakes. The pack of naturals I just got were mostly red, some orange, a few yellow so a red bike with red tyres would seem the best for matching the snakes.