Michelin Ironman vs Pro Race

aeek

New Member
Jun 15, 2004
Is there any functional difference between these tires?

Googling hasn't told me. The cardboard wrapper is identical so perhaps not.
I wanted 23s. ideally red, which is why I ended up with the iron mans.
Triathelete tyres, hiss. Now that prorace comes in red (sidewall too) these shall be my last.

aeek wrote:
> Is there any functional difference between these tires?
>
> Googling hasn't told me. The cardboard wrapper is identical so perhaps
> not.
> I wanted 23s. ideally red, which is why I ended up with the iron mans.
> Triathelete tyres, hiss. Now that prorace comes in red (sidewall too)
> these shall be my last.

The 'Ironman' are just red ProRace. I've nearly always used the Ironman
version because it suits my frame paint. I've now got some of the 'more
red than red' ProRace. I guess they realised that it wasn't just iron
people that wanted fast, red tyres.. :)

hippy

hippy said:
The 'Ironman' are just red ProRace. I've nearly always used the Ironman
version because it suits my frame paint. I've now got some of the 'more
red than red' ProRace. I guess they realised that it wasn't just iron
people that wanted fast, red tyres.. :)

and you can eat matching snakes. The pack of naturals I just got were mostly red, some orange, a few yellow so a red bike with red tyres would seem the best for matching the snakes.