Michelin KRYLION CARBON

Macross

Apr 7, 2006
Anyone using this for training? How does it compare to Gatorskin and Maxxis
Re-Fuse in terms of rolling, bullet proof and mileage? Or are there any better options that won't break the bank? Currently using Race Pro2, extremely satisfying tyre but it's breaking my bank. Am doing about 400-500km a week.

I JUST got some Krylion carbon tires from the LBS. Will see how they do. I will also be racing on them, because I don't have race wheels.

If you are doing 400-500km's a week you will understand like me that "racing" tyres just shouldn't be "training" tyres. Michelin speedium can be had for a song at probikekit.com and at least album at your LBS but they are still dirt cheap and they LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST! ;)

I just got a new bike and it came with Pro2 race. So I was thinking of changing it to some lasting a bullet proof tyres. Which I already did. My choice = Maxxis Re-Fuse. Not a bad tyre so far, ride feels alittle harsh, rolling is not too bad. Couldn't really compare as I got a 25 instead of 23 for the rear. :rolleyes:

I've used the older(but the same) Michelin Carbons a lot for training and racing. I use a 20mm set for racing and have used the 23mm for training(racing too).

They last really well. The roads here in West Auckland, New Zealand generally have a course chip(!!) on them that cuts up tyres. I usually get 5500 kilometres out of rear tyres(by that time they're flat sectioned and showing numerous cuts) and way over 6000kms out of front tyres. Very few puntures too.
Handle great, grip well. I'm around 72 kgs.

A good, fast training tyre that's punture resistant and looks good. Go for it!!:)