Michelin Tire Review

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Topherhd, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Topherhd

Topherhd New Member

As part of a video contest I've reviewed the NEW Michelin Pro 4 service Course tires. I'm really sold on the performance after 500miles. Check out the video and see for yourself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRgYd5E69LA

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Looks like more of an ad for Michelin. As a review it doesn't work.

3. Topherhd

Topherhd New Member

I can see your point. The contest required the video to no longer than 30 secs and creativity was encouraged. So I decided to go with footage of real use. Thanks for watching

4. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

The video gave me a seizure, but Pro 4 Service Course are good tires. Decent service life, good grip, good cut resistance, smooth rolling. Very similar to Fortezza Tri-Comps with the stickier rubber picking up a bit more rocks/stones. Not the best 'feel' in hard cornering, but they will go 'round if you can. Haven't tried them in the wet, yet...drought summer.

5. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or are Pro 4s just Pro 2s with a raised centre? :) They feel very similar to me (I still have a couple of Pro 2s), both to ride and touch.
    I figure they realized they stuffed up with the Pro Race 3s, so they simply reverted back to the tried and true.

6. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

I put Pro 4's on mine late spring this year and I am seeing small cracks along the outer edge of the rubber on both tires. I have been using Mich Pro's for a number of years. This is the first time I have seen this with just a few months of use.

Other than that they do okay in general. I got these mainly because of the price at PBK earlier this year.